Snapped a bolt, need a part number?

Discuss everything about Honda GoldWing. Feel free to ask any question related to GoldWing.

Moderators: CYBORG, Oldewing, robin1731, Forum Moderators

avkent
Lead Member
Lead Member

Snapped a bolt, need a part number?

Post by avkent »

So here I am thinking i'm cool taking my GL engine out and as im removing my tach cable, this happens to my fuel pump:

Any thoughts on acquiring another one of these for the fuel pump? Maybe just using a similar size regular bolt?
05c50
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Snapped a bolt, need a part number?

Post by 05c50 »

You shouldn't have too much trouble finding a replacement, it was used on a lot of Hondas and is still available from Honda. The part number is 95700-06040-00. You could also use a 6x40 bolt bought elsewhere.

.....Paul
I prefer to ride my wing naked,thank you
My wife asked me "How many bikes does one man need?" My answer "Uhhh.just one more"
75 Goldwing
78 Goldwing
77 CB750a
77 CB550f
80 CB650c
05 Boule C50
Explorer
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Post by Explorer »

Your broken bolt is not the part Honda designed it to have, (probably why it broke) the elongated head is to allow the installation of the aftermarket chrome fuel pump cover. You might be able to remove the head and then just replace the stud.

Me. I'd do away with the cover because I think the early Goldwing fuel pump is a piece of art in itself. IMHO of course.
avkent
Lead Member
Lead Member

Post by avkent »

Explorer wrote:Your broken bolt is not the part Honda designed it to have, (probably why it broke) the elongated head is to allow the installation of the aftermarket chrome fuel pump cover. You might be able to remove the head and then just replace the stud.

Me. I'd do away with the cover because I think the early Goldwing fuel pump is a piece of art in itself. IMHO of course.
I definitely remember taking that chrome off now, makes sense, i'll fiddle with some other bolts and see what happens.
Explorer
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Post by Explorer »

Why are removing your engine, you don't give a reason?
rcmatt007
Treasurer
Treasurer
My Album: http://www.ngwclub.com/gallery/v/wingmans/rcmatt007/

Post by rcmatt007 »

luckily it snapped where it did.... it is my luck that they snap flush with the engine
-Rodger-
all it takes for evil to prosper is the want of a few good men to do nothing-Edmund Burke
The question is not how much time do you have, it is what you do with the time that you have Gandalf
"One of the greatest dignities of humankind is that each successive generation is invested in the welfare of each new generation." Fred Rodgers
"it takes 10,000 hours to become an expert" ancient saying
78 constantly modified/customized since 1978, BOTM June 2015 de-evolving this very moment viewtopic.php?f=30&t=65511
76 Ltd "cookies bike" ALMOST DONE
79 project, finished, FOR SALE
'86 1200 (Beth's)(FOR SALE) with motorvation sidecar (sidecar sold) , July 2017 BOTM
'17 HD Road king and 08 HD Heritage softail (Beth's) (FOR SALE). I guess you can say we have MBS