GL1100 NAKED BUILD

A forum for stories, pics and updates of your resto's. Be it a barn find, Grampas hand me down or a bike being brought back to it's former glory.If you are restoring it, show us your stuff!

Moderators: Brant, Sagebrush, Forum Moderators

Easter
SUPER BIKER!!!!
SUPER BIKER!!!!

Re: GL1100 NAKED BUILD

Post by Easter »

It is still super clean looking. Even the big stock front fender looks just right. If those bars are still too low you can find (on the US ebay anyway) replica CB400 bars which have just a mild lift and help with the back pain.
Bikes at present:

83 XL 600r with a 2004 XR650L engine
And a slightly worse for the wear BMW GS adventure bike awaiting repair
83 GL in process :IDTS:
twail
Lead Member
Lead Member

Post by twail »

Easter wrote:It is still super clean looking. Even the big stock front fender looks just right. If those bars are still too low you can find (on the US ebay anyway) replica CB400 bars which have just a mild lift and help with the back pain.
Everyone keeps telling me to take off the fender so it will be a proper Caferacer...
Same people who have never actually riden a Café, or a bike without a fender..

These bars are spot on now really. No back/arm pain anymore. Still some fitment issues that need to be sorted, but its good enough to ride as is anyway. :crosso
UK_Andy
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Post by UK_Andy »

I found a really nice fiberglass smaller mudguard that will fit to replace the stock one, see my build thread

http://www.ngwclub.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 9&start=90