Dual weber linkage

Post your "How To", or share tips and tricks about maintenance related to four cylinder Wings. Only registered users can read this forum.

Moderators: Whiskerfish, Forum Moderators

hmratbam
Honored Life Member
Honored Life Member

Dual weber linkage

Post by hmratbam »

In my album DBOPPRons GL you can find my approach to linkage for Randakk's Dual Weber setup. Also a few pics of the 1K rear drive on 1100 swingarm. The only question I won't quickly and cheerfully answer would be "Why?" I apologize for not having the ability to bring all that up here,but if you knew how far I've come just being able to do what I do on the computer you might understand!
Ron
BTW: If you haven't absorbed Randakk's book on the installation it all probably won't make much sense. This is not in any way a replacement of anything RW does,it's another approach.
Thanks Randakk!
Proud member of the NGW Cartel
My Album
Jesus is Lord ! Hope is not a plan
83 Ascempade has become a trike with 1200 fork tubes and Maxda Miata rear suspension.
84 Standard ongoing project
82 Interstate 35k reincarnated as a "Street Tracker"
randakk
Early 'Wing Guru
Early 'Wing Guru

Re: Dual weber linkage

Post by randakk »

hmratbam wrote:In my album DBOPPRons GL you can find my approach to linkage for Randakk's Dual Weber setup. Also a few pics of the 1K rear drive on 1100 swingarm. The only question I won't quickly and cheerfully answer would be "Why?" I apologize for not having the ability to bring all that up here,but if you knew how far I've come just being able to do what I do on the computer you might understand!
Ron
BTW: If you haven't absorbed Randakk's book on the installation it all probably won't make much sense. This is not in any way a replacement of anything RW does,it's another approach.
Thanks Randakk!
Nice.

I actually built a version very similar to that. In the end, I decided against that approach and went with the simple method detailed in the installation guide.

Using the Honda bellcrank required too many "sacrificial parts" from the OEM carbs. Plus, the OEM bellcrank has some very tricky "offset" geometry that is somewhat problematic for perfectly synchronized throttle openings throughout the entire range of throttle movement.

Nice work!
Randall Washington (Randakk)
Retired Founder - www.randakks.com/
Curator - www.facebook.com/groups/CarburetorAppreciationSociety

Cookie
Honored Life Member
Honored Life Member
RIP: 1950-2011

Post by Cookie »

Nice work mate,

If you go nuts I'll know why.

Cookie
Enjoy life,
Cookie

A guy with two sidecars can't be all bad.
Owner of 4.4 76s and one lone 75 Wings (does a spare engine make .2?)
hmratbam
Honored Life Member
Honored Life Member

Post by hmratbam »

I had a spare plenum,so I won't miss the bellcrank. The single bellcrank to carb arm coupled with the cross linkage eliminates all the timing and linkage angle issues. Thanks for the kind words!
Ron
My Album
83 Ascempade has become a trike with 1200 fork tubes and Maxda Miata rear suspension.
randakk
Early 'Wing Guru
Early 'Wing Guru

Post by randakk »

hmratbam wrote:I had a spare plenum,so I won't miss the bellcrank. The single bellcrank to carb arm coupled with the cross linkage eliminates all the timing and linkage angle issues. Thanks for the kind words!
Ron
Yes. So long as your don't change the relative lengths of the connector arms and effective pull angles.
Randall Washington (Randakk)
Retired Founder - www.randakks.com/
Curator - www.facebook.com/groups/CarburetorAppreciationSociety

Cookie
Honored Life Member
Honored Life Member
RIP: 1950-2011

Post by Cookie »

Not having read Randal's book what comes to mind for me would have belcrank too. I got luck when I put the Mikunis on my red Chang because I was able to adjust in enough throttle.
The last time I faced something like that was on the Edlebrock cross ram manifold I put on my 57 Chevy back in the Dark Ages. Usually you are just dealing with one carb.
Enjoy life,
Cookie

A guy with two sidecars can't be all bad.
Owner of 4.4 76s and one lone 75 Wings (does a spare engine make .2?)
octane
SUPER BIKER!!!!
SUPER BIKER!!!!

Post by octane »

Impressive !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hmratbam
Honored Life Member
Honored Life Member

Post by hmratbam »

Thanks,Lars, for the nice comment. It means a lot coming from someone with your talent and attention to detail!
Ron
My Album
elballoonrat
Brass Member
Brass Member

Re: Dual weber linkage

Post by elballoonrat »

I'm not able to look at the pictures in the album for some reason. Anyway to re-post these in this thread maybe?