remove rear break sticking

Post your "How To", or share tips and tricks about maintenance related to four cylinder Wings. Only registered users can read this forum.

Moderators: Whiskerfish, Forum Moderators

Track T 2411
Honored Life Member
Honored Life Member
My Album: http://www.ngwclub.com/gallery/v/wingmans/Track+T+2411/

Re: remove rear break sticking

Post by Track T 2411 »

freedom wrote:The pictures by Peteybug show an error message right? My rear brake pedal is stuck and I found this thread but without pictures it is not much help. Hopefully he can post the pictures again. Thanks in advance.
I don't think Peteybug is active any more. In any case, are you concerned about getting the pedal off, or adding a grease zirk? If the pedal is froze, penetrating oil, such as PB Blaster or the like, followed by some persuasion is your best bet. Eventually, it will come loose. Good luck!
"I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious." - Albert Einstein

"He that is good with a hammer tends to think everything is a nail" - Abraham Maslow

"If you can't take the time to do it right the first time, how are you ever going to find the time to do it over?" -Unknown

Current Rides:
'Grumpy' - '81 Standard, now fully dressed.
'Layla' - '81 Standard w/dealer installed fairing and Hondaline bags.
'Scarlett' '76 'Survivor' nekkid as a j-bird!

Under Construction:
The 'Jalopy' '78-'79 Mash-up
'Quikie' '81 gl1100I back on the lift, project with the step-son!

In The Shed:
'81 gl1100I barn find aka "Josie, the farmer's daughter." (almost comatose build)
'77 gl1000, roller parts bike.
'82 gl1100I, 'Old Crusty' titled roller parts bike (free!)
'82 gl1100I, My first 'Wing, and an expensive lesson!
New2U Bike? Read Me.
freedom
Zinc Member
Zinc Member

Re: remove rear break sticking

Post by freedom »

Track T 2411 wrote:
freedom wrote:The pictures by Peteybug show an error message right? My rear brake pedal is stuck and I found this thread but without pictures it is not much help. Hopefully he can post the pictures again. Thanks in advance.
I don't think Peteybug is active any more. In any case, are you concerned about getting the pedal off, or adding a grease zirk? If the pedal is froze, penetrating oil, such as PB Blaster or the like, followed by some persuasion is your best bet. Eventually, it will come loose. Good luck!
Thinking of adding a grease zirk. Thanks