I've been trying to sell it for the last couple months with no luck. Had a handful show interest, three supposedly committed to buying it then the next day I get a "Dear John" email or text backing out. I'm going to try selling it one more time on a couple different forums and if I can't move it, I'll either donate it or tear it down and part it out....neither are what I'd like to do. So here's the deal, with pictures.
I'd like to get at least $2500 but slightly negotiable, I'm unable to deliver so you would have to either pick it up or make shipping arrangements. It started out as an '84 Standard with a blown engine(swallowed valves). Literally, everything is either new or rebuilt from axle to axle....except for the engine, which has also had some updates. I shortened/bobbed the frame behind the seat, added and bobbed a trailer fender and fabricated mounts to allow the rear fender to move with the swingarm. The motor was replaced with a 23k mile '85 fuel injected motor which I converted to use the carbs I had already rebuilt and desmogged(removed the junk underneath the carbs). The injected motors have a 130 higher wattage alternator, all but the headlight is LED so you have plenty of reserve power. The bike starts instantly and runs great, is quite fast & pulls hard with no backfiring or hesitation due to removal of the air valve stuff. I put together a simple luggage rack on the back that also has locking helmet hangers, good for someone in school. It mounts/dismounts with two bolts and two nuts and you're back to the clean bobber look. I have included a picture showing a list of everything done to the bike, I may have missed something but believe this to be quite complete. With the work done on this bike, it should be trouble free for quite some time. The tank is mounted in such a way as to allow access to the air intake filter, fuse box, etc., underneath. When I adapted the tank to this frame, the rear attachment is now bolted to a hinge welded to the frame. After removing the seat, remove the front tank bolt and simply tip the tank up vertical. With the new tank, I removed the OEM overflow and attached the polished SS tube overflow seen on the right side of the radiator. The transparent tubing leading to the radiator lets you see the level of coolant in the overflow. The voltage sensing relay referred to in the New Items list near the bottom was added for the sole purpose of better control on charging from the regulator. With a voltage reading direct from the battery, the regulator won't tend to over/undercharge. One final item left off the "new" list....thermostat. I got this bike as a basket case for the sole purpose of giving me something to do since I'm my wife's caretaker. It has served that purpose well and it's time to move on. Thanks for at least looking.
My direct email: email@example.com
(no longer aol.com), phone # is on the engine receipt.