Single Carb plug fouling/bogging

This is where discussions of EFI systems, Dual Carbs, Single Carb mods and plans can be discussed and shared.

If you are working on or have a problem with stock carbs then your questions do not belong here, please post them in the Goldwing Tech Discussions Forum.

Moderators: sunnbobb, Neil, Forum Moderators

Nbgaf
Rusty Probie
Rusty Probie

Single Carb plug fouling/bogging

Post by Nbgaf »

Ok so I've gotten the carb dialed in. Using a 34 pict 3
    Starts up fine and idles fine.
      Took it around the block a couple times and its bogging down and dying. Check the plugs.
        Black and covered and stinking of gas but only on plugs 3 and 4. 1 and 2 are looking nice and no gas/fouling.
          Ordered another coil for the left side after cleaning off all the coil terminals and still have the same issue as well as a jet kit.

Now I'm at 4000ft or so. The carb is set with a 125 main jet. I've heard of people having the same issue (and it not being the coils just jetting) I'm wondering if there is anything else I should be checking. The ignition coil in question seems to be failing as the spark is pretty weak, however this bike had several issues to begin with
          • 5qts of oil in it instead of 3.4
          • Oil leak where the rear cases meet which has been resealed.
          I'm thinking that due to the excess oil in it, that those cylinders had oil seeping past the rings which could be another factor. Anybody have any other idea. I'll update once I make those adjustments.
          Last edited by Nbgaf on Sat May 18, 2019 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
          ChopperCharles
          Tin Member
          Tin Member

Re: Single vw carb issue

Post by ChopperCharles »

My guess would be a vacuum leak.

Charles.