single carb setup solex 30pict1

This is where discussions of EFI systems, Dual Carbs, Single Carb mods and plans can be discussed and shared.

If you are working on or have a problem with stock carbs then your questions do not belong here, please post them in the Goldwing Tech Discussions Forum.

Moderators: sunnbobb, Neil, Forum Moderators

arie1
Lead Member
Lead Member

single carb setup solex 30pict1

Post by arie1 »

Hi there, my 1978 GL1000 (with side car) has been sitting around in the garage for the last couple of years, ill health in the family was the cause of this. the last time I drove the bike it was having fuel problems. Now that I have more time on my hands I'm able to get my goldwing back on the road again. Years ago I bought a heated manifold and a solex 30 pict1 carb. I'm planning on installing this instead of the stock carbs. I'm aware that there may be a few issues concerning perfomance but that doesnt bother me. I will be using LPG (liqified petrol gas) as primary fuel (widely avalible in The Netherlands) and will only need the petrol setup to get me to gas station to fill my LPG tank. When using petrol I would like the bike to perform comfortable

My question is which jet setup are people using in their solex 30pict1 setup. and what other tips and tricks do they have

thanks alot for the help

cheers
arie
TNTbefree
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: single carb setup solex 30pict1

Post by TNTbefree »

First, welcome to the club. I don't know anything about the solex set up, but it sounds like a cool project. As you go about it, I hope that you start a build thread, take lots of pics, and post about the install so that others who may want to do this can learn from your experiences. Good luck with it...