A different dual weber conversion

This is where discussions of EFI systems, Dual Carbs, Single Carb mods and plans can be discussed and shared.

If you are working on or have a problem with stock carbs then your questions do not belong here, please post them in the Goldwing Tech Discussions Forum.

Moderators: sunnbobb, Neil, Forum Moderators

gregforesi
Honored Life Member
Honored Life Member
My Album: http://www.ngwclub.com/gallery/v/wingmans/Greg+Foresi/

A different dual weber conversion

Post by gregforesi »

I came across this one on Craigslist http://flint.craigslist.org/mcy/3441723063.html
I'd call it a "dual single" conversion. They look like Webers but I'm not sure what model they are.
single duals.jpg
single duals.jpg (37.17 KiB) Viewed 916 times
2006 GL1800 (Brutus Maximus)
1978 GL1000 (White Trash - 2012 BOTY
(If you want to discuss the Trashmobile, Webers, Rearsets, Clubmans, or other stuff then send me a PM.)
"Getting old ain't for sissies" - Phyllis Diller
"So how much you gonna spend to win that $5 trophy?" - Cyborg
ericheath
Honored Life Member
Honored Life Member

Re: A different dual weber conversion

Post by ericheath »

Check out the lower rear shock mount. Did he just rotate the bracket back? I didn't think that the holes would line up for that.
Whatever I suggest here should be given ample time for a moderator to delicately correct. I apologize in advance.
77 WING, 1200 engine with 77 heads, cams, gl1100 foot pegs, Magna V65 front end, 764A carbs, [-gone Suzuki M109 monoshock--, replaced with gl1100 shocks] gl 1200 swing arm, gl1500 final drive, wheel and rear brakes Valkyrie seat, Meanstreak tank, Sportster pipes, Power Arc ignition off crank.
77 Wing. black
83 Wing, in pieces
"Continuing education is important even if the subject matter is fairly useless (as in this case)."---Greg Foresi
CBX n GL man
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Post by CBX n GL man »

ericheath wrote:Check out the lower rear shock mount. Did he just rotate the bracket back? I didn't think that the holes would line up for that.
Looks like an extended plate back there. Later.
'81 CBX nekid
'80 GL1100 w/windjammer
'80 CX 500D 1/4 nekid
'84 GL1200A 1/2 nekid -- gone
gregh35

Post by gregh35 »

Looks like a Weber ICH to me.
ole496
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ole496 »

Those are Weber 34ICT's

He also had a 4 into 4 double barrel exhaust on it that sounded AWESOME! Look up BUM3248 on youtube. Looks like he took that of of there and went back to the Jardines

Right from the youtube page:
this is a cold start i just backed it out of the garage. this is project "Rat Wing" its a 1978 Honda goldwing that started as full dresser then stripped down to what you see now. I recently completed the dual single barrel weber 34ICT carbs shown. the carbs are for a 1600cc volkswagon. It was hard to get the jetting right being it is a 1000cc engine. i found it runs much better with bosch platinum 4 spark plugs. very hard to find tho. Modifications include: air ride front/ rear with onboard pump, accel super coils, custom lowering kit, custom tuned exhaust, Dual 34ICT weber carbs, harley-davidson signals/ tail light, yamaha headlight assembly, shortend kick stand, crotch rocket front fender, electric fuel pump. i also have windjammer front fairing with wireing and also matching hard bags with blinkers and stock fender that are for sale. email me if interested in things for sale at bum3248@yahoo.com
1976 GL1000 "Double Nature" https://youtu.be/IK0YS2uuZtc
Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. -Thomas Edison