Spin them suckers around

This is where discussions of EFI systems, Dual Carbs, Single Carb mods and plans can be discussed and shared.

If you are working on or have a problem with stock carbs then your questions do not belong here, please post them in the Goldwing Tech Discussions Forum.

Moderators: sunnbobb, Neil, Forum Moderators

CYBORG

Re: Spin them suckers around

Post by CYBORG »

gregforesi wrote:Jeez, I had forgotten how long ago I did this.
Well, they've been up in the attic since I moved down here. Next Sunday is the Thunder by the Bay show in Sarasota so I thought what the heck, bust them out and stick 'em back on. They are running pretty good. Good idle, accelleration is OK. I really like the look from the front. It's what anyone else has to look coming at them in their rear view mirror. I keep thinking B-17.

AND Cyborg...it's only gonna cost me $20 to try and win a $5 trophy. I'm getting better at this.

IMG_0038.JPG
A trophy is a trophy..... and a win is a win,.. and bragging rights count for something lolol lolol lolol
1978 custom GL1000
1977 custom with 1200 engine
1985 gl1200
pidjones
SUPER BIKER!!!!
SUPER BIKER!!!!

Post by pidjones »

gregforesi wrote:Jeez, I had forgotten how long ago I did this.
Well, they've been up in the attic since I moved down here. Next Sunday is the Thunder by the Bay show in Sarasota so I thought what the heck, bust them out and stick 'em back on. They are running pretty good. Good idle, accelleration is OK. I really like the look from the front. It's what anyone else has to look coming at them in their rear view mirror. I keep thinking B-17.

AND Cyborg...it's only gonna cost me $20 to try and win a $5 trophy. I'm getting better at this.
I'm entering the Hunley in a bunch of shows this year. Tell me - why do we have to pay to bring the attractions for their show?
"Love 'em all.... let God sort 'em out!"
Ex 2006 GL1800 - the Black Pearl SOLD! to make room for:
2021 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited Dark Chalk Metallic
1975 Red GL1000 project - ex Pistol Pete project
1972 Triumph T150V Trident rescue - finished and FOR SALE!
1976 Yamaha RD400c
1978 GL1000 with '75 engine - the Hunley
Ex 1978 GL1000
Ex 1979 GL1000
Ex '79 CB750F rat bike
Ex '86 SEi
Ex '77 GL1000
Ex '76 RD400
Ex '72 Penton 125 set up for flat track
Ex '73 RD250
Ex '68 TR6C - chopped
gregforesi
Honored Life Member
Honored Life Member
My Album: http://www.ngwclub.com/gallery/v/wingmans/Greg+Foresi/

Post by gregforesi »

The "Thunder by the Bay" kick-off party was at a country bar in Sarasota and it was $75 a head to get in. Now I was a big city detective, but it sure doesn't take a rocket scientist to recognize a clue that obvious.

My first year in, they put the bike in something called "Metric Cruiser". They gave me second place behind a guy that wrote a lot of checks.

Last year I got my first #1. It was in what they called the "Old Iron" class. I think it was because I wore my ridiculous fire helmet top hat with the 200 LED's.

This year if they refuse to put it in "Cafe Racer" they aren't getting my $20. A man has to hold the line somewhere. Parking is only $5 as opposed to $20 to put it in the show. Hhhmmm...then there is the $8 beer.

Maybe I'll go fishing instead. Shame though to have cleaned it up all nice and shiny and then don't show it off (I am a bit of a showoff donchaknow). The wife doesn't like the trophies cluttering up her shelves anyway.

I'm just kidding there. It's going in the damn show and it's going as a Goldwing Cafe Racer that happens to look like a 4 engine bomber coming down the street.
2006 GL1800 (Brutus Maximus)
1978 GL1000 (White Trash - 2012 BOTY
(If you want to discuss the Trashmobile, Webers, Rearsets, Clubmans, or other stuff then send me a PM.)
"Getting old ain't for sissies" - Phyllis Diller
"So how much you gonna spend to win that $5 trophy?" - Cyborg
CYBORG

Post by CYBORG »

gregforesi wrote:The "Thunder by the Bay" kick-off party was at a country bar in Sarasota and it was $75 a head to get in. Now I was a big city detective, but it sure doesn't take a rocket scientist to recognize a clue that obvious.

My first year in, they put the bike in something called "Metric Cruiser". They gave me second place behind a guy that wrote a lot of checks.

Last year I got my first #1. It was in what they called the "Old Iron" class. I think it was because I wore my ridiculous fire helmet top hat with the 200 LED's.

This year if they refuse to put it in "Cafe Racer" they aren't getting my $20. A man has to hold the line somewhere. Parking is only $5 as opposed to $20 to put it in the show. Hhhmmm...then there is the $8 beer.

Maybe I'll go fishing instead. Shame though to have cleaned it up all nice and shiny and then don't show it off (I am a bit of a showoff donchaknow). The wife doesn't like the trophies cluttering up her shelves anyway.

I'm just kidding there. It's going in the damn show and it's going as a Goldwing Cafe Racer that happens to look like a 4 engine bomber coming down the street.
Good for you lolol lolol lolol
1978 custom GL1000
1977 custom with 1200 engine
1985 gl1200
pidjones
SUPER BIKER!!!!
SUPER BIKER!!!!

Post by pidjones »

I'm cleaning up the Hunley to take to church Saturday night as my "art" entry. Having a show to raise money for the teens to take a mission trip. Spaghetti diner also. I'll donate, but there is no charge. Have a ball at the Thunder by the Bay show! I really have fun at the shows. Just think charging to show is unfair.
"Love 'em all.... let God sort 'em out!"
Ex 2006 GL1800 - the Black Pearl SOLD! to make room for:
2021 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited Dark Chalk Metallic
1975 Red GL1000 project - ex Pistol Pete project
1972 Triumph T150V Trident rescue - finished and FOR SALE!
1976 Yamaha RD400c
1978 GL1000 with '75 engine - the Hunley
Ex 1978 GL1000
Ex 1979 GL1000
Ex '79 CB750F rat bike
Ex '86 SEi
Ex '77 GL1000
Ex '76 RD400
Ex '72 Penton 125 set up for flat track
Ex '73 RD250
Ex '68 TR6C - chopped