Shade Tree Single Solution by HOTT

This is where discussions of EFI systems, Dual Carbs, Single Carb mods and plans can be discussed and shared.

If you are working on or have a problem with stock carbs then your questions do not belong here, please post them in the Goldwing Tech Discussions Forum.

Moderators: sunnbobb, Neil, Forum Moderators

ericheath
Honored Life Member
Honored Life Member

Re: Shade Tree Single Solution by HOTT

Post by ericheath »

Not cheap, but rising rate fuel pressure regulator be able to do it? I have been exploring the turbo side, and this is what they use. I've been looking at blow-thru carbs , but it appears this could be done for supercharged setups. They can be adjusted from zero to many psi. Set it at three psi and it will boost psi 1:1 as you add psi of boost. Reference line from below supercharger signals regulator regulatory add psi to inlet to carb. Maybe 1:1 is too much? Excess from electric pump is returned to tank. You guys are probably way ahead of me, but maybe I'll learn something new.
Whatever I suggest here should be given ample time for a moderator to delicately correct. I apologize in advance.
77 WING, 1200 engine with 77 heads, cams, gl1100 foot pegs, Magna V65 front end, 764A carbs, [-gone Suzuki M109 monoshock--, replaced with gl1100 shocks] gl 1200 swing arm, gl1500 final drive, wheel and rear brakes Valkyrie seat, Meanstreak tank, Sportster pipes, Power Arc ignition off crank.
77 Wing. black
83 Wing, in pieces
"Continuing education is important even if the subject matter is fairly useless (as in this case)."---Greg Foresi
cbrianroll
Billet Alum. Member
Billet Alum. Member

Post by cbrianroll »

Hey everyone. Why not revive a great thread!!
My project has sat way to long…. Time to get at it now I hope. I was thinking dual carbs but I think I want a single now? This was the last topic I was reading and was wondering if there are updates or thoughts on it. Or is there a better solution I should look into?
78 gl1000 rat project thingy...still under construction
76 gl1000 parts for 78? Trying to get running...
HOTT
Run Executive
Run Executive
My Album: http://www.ngwclub.com/gallery3/index.php/wingmans/HOTT

Post by HOTT »

Wow ! there's a blast from the past. Thanks.
I still have 3 bikes that use this set-up. I found to be less finickee,and is less effected by unleaded gas.
Perfect ? No. Just a pretty good alternative that can get a 'Wing back on the road.

Carb of choice is Weber 32/32. It's been awhile I don't even know if you can find them anymore.
You can experiment with different carbs single or 2bbl are easiest.
I have 1 that still has a 32/34. It works well and has an intake noise you wouldn't believe. lol
The manifold works best without the fan baffle plate (behind the rad) and or by plumbing water or oil underneath...
HOTT mani.jpg
HOTT mani.jpg (132.38 KiB) Viewed 636 times
HOTT
If we can't fix it, we can fix it so no one else can.
the Condor BOTY 2011
Ol' Sparky BOTM Dec. 2011
Lucky #13 BOTY 2018
cbrianroll
Billet Alum. Member
Billet Alum. Member

Post by cbrianroll »

Thanks for the update! Guess I’ll start looking for a carb!
78 gl1000 rat project thingy...still under construction
76 gl1000 parts for 78? Trying to get running...