Single or dual carb question.....

This is where discussions of EFI systems, Dual Carbs, Single Carb mods and plans can be discussed and shared.

If you are working on or have a problem with stock carbs then your questions do not belong here, please post them in the Goldwing Tech Discussions Forum.

Moderators: sunnbobb, Neil, Forum Moderators

83Interstate
Tin Member
Tin Member
My Album: My Bagger

Single or dual carb question.....

Post by 83Interstate »

I'm wanting to do a different carb setup. Would like dual carbs but don't want weber or solex. Would like to run a pair of cv carbs off of a pair of short run intakes and place the carbs near the stock location. I've searched my fuzzy tail off looking everywhere and found nothing but weber solex and hotts dual strombergs. Anybody have any links to ANYONE ANYWHERE who have done anything like this? Even a pair of round or flat slide mikuni carbs or similar would be a place to start learning what I'm up against. I'm thinking copper tubing. Thanks for any help.
sunnbobb
Facebook Admin
Facebook Admin
My Album: http://www.ngwclub.com/gallery/v/wingmans/sunnbobb/

Re: Single or dual carb question.....

Post by sunnbobb »

cant recall anything like that.. a guy did mount some Vmax carbs.. did writeup somewhere around here
I found the end of the internet

---- Bradshaw Bikes custom polishing for your wing. Visit us on facebook!

1978 Learning Experience
1980 County Road Hauler "Brain Damage"
1978 Cafe Custom Gl1000 "Vyper"
1977 Bulldog Inspired "Vaincre"
1981 Street Fighter GL1100 "No Quarter"
1983 Supercharged Street Drag "Anubis" (in worx)
1983 gl1100 mint restoration "Kristen"
robin1731
Membership Admin
Membership Admin

Post by robin1731 »

There was a guy that used some carbs off a 450 Honda I think it was, Still 4 carbs though. I have them around here somewhere I think.

1975 GL1000 parts bike (parts for sale)
1976 Goldwing Super Sport
1985 Honda Elite
1976 KZ900 Dragbike
1992 ZX7 Dragbike (KZ900 style motor w/NOS)
and a rotation of various purchases
Randakk approved Carb Rebuilder
gltriker
SUPER BIKER!!!!
SUPER BIKER!!!!

Post by gltriker »

sunnbobb wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:01 am cant recall anything like that.. a guy did mount some Vmax carbs.. did writeup somewhere around here
ericheath maybe?
Cliff

Keep your eyes and ears open and you'll learn something new, everyday. tumb2

New users please visit our "Shop Talk" for common tips and help: <---jdvorchak
http://www.ngwclub.com/forum/page/ST :oldies

RE: a thorough fuel tank cleaning
"And your carbs will thank you. They no longer live down stream from a sewage plant." -gregforesi tumb2
"Can't see the paint when your looking thru the handlebars..........." -Oldewing ;)
"I'd rather Ride than Shine" -RAT tumb2 Me Too!!

Cliff

'75 GL1000 home built trike; http://www.ngwclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=39996
October,2017 BOTM :shock: https://nakedgoldwingsclub.com/forum/page/Welcome

previous rides:
1953 H-D Servi-car, naked, 1969-1978 (serial#53G1559 committed to memory!)
1980 CB900 Custom (triked) 1997-2003 .... R.I.P.
83Interstate
Tin Member
Tin Member

Post by 83Interstate »

gltriker wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:37 am
sunnbobb wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:01 am cant recall anything like that.. a guy did mount some Vmax carbs.. did writeup somewhere around here
ericheath maybe?
He tried the vf1100c carbs and some dual 2bbl carbs I believe.
83Interstate
Tin Member
Tin Member

Post by 83Interstate »

I have read all about that. That is a really interesting modification right there. I enjoyed reading that one. It looks really good also.
ericheath
Honored Life Member
Honored Life Member

Post by ericheath »

I tried two Hitachi carbs. Got fed up trying to sync them and ordered better linkage. If you’re found two, do some research on linkage setups and save yourself some time and hassle. Try to come up with something that has some adjustments for synchronizing. The one thing a little odd about putting two carbs on a Wing is the air charge will shoot through for two pulls then pause for two pulls. 1-3 draws, then 2-4 draws. I’m not smart enough to know how that will affect flow. My gut says the first draw will be a little less than the second draw. (The second will still have inertia) maybe CV carbs will compensate for that? Maybe not.

I threw my V65 carbs back on and ten minutes later totaled my bike. I was an April Fool. Thought I would get another bike and try again but Covid has dampened that. The day before yesterday the doc gave me the big C word. Melanoma in situ. Okay that’s an M. Perhaps the best you can get if you have to. Also had some heart issues, not major I don’t think. More tests Friday. Riding is off the table for me for now.
Whatever I suggest here should be given ample time for a moderator to delicately correct. I apologize in advance.
77 WING, 1200 engine with 77 heads, cams, gl1100 foot pegs, Magna V65 front end, 764A carbs, [-gone Suzuki M109 monoshock--, replaced with gl1100 shocks] gl 1200 swing arm, gl1500 final drive, wheel and rear brakes Valkyrie seat, Meanstreak tank, Sportster pipes, Power Arc ignition off crank.
77 Wing. black
83 Wing, in pieces
"Continuing education is important even if the subject matter is fairly useless (as in this case)."---Greg Foresi
CYBORG

Post by CYBORG »

Sorry to hear about your health issues....Hang in there action1 action1 action1 action1
1978 custom GL1000
1977 custom with 1200 engine
1985 gl1200

Return to “Unique Carburetion”