Restoration project

A forum for stories, pics and updates of your resto's. Be it a barn find, Grampas hand me down or a bike being brought back to it's former glory.If you are restoring it, show us your stuff!

Moderators: Brant, Sagebrush, Forum Moderators

jimbo
Zinc Member
Zinc Member

Restoration project

Post by jimbo »

Hi I’m new to the goldwing world and just got a 1980 GL1100 , I’m going naked with it hopefully but I’ve ran into a few problems already,I seem to have trouble finding parts, I need a gas tank sending unit and Petcocks and can’t seem to find how to mount drivers foot pegs it had floor boards on it ,any help would be greatly appreciate,thanks,jim
sparkyrasmus
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Re: Restoration project

Post by sparkyrasmus »

Welcome to the wingdom. I see you joined a few years ago, so I am sure you have found this crew to be able and ready to offer advice and support for your restorations.
As far as parts go, put out a notice on the NGW barter forum thread or join the NGW Facebook page and post a request there. I have a first call shop for vintage parts - Sportwheels in Jordan, Minnesota. It can be on my way to my son's house with only a brief detour. They have lots of parts that, when I see them, I can't imagine how I managed without them. They may have the driver's pegs, but for sure would have a sending unit for the fuel gauge.
Goldwings don't accelerate, they gain inertia.

1978 GL1000 - almost stock - needs a head replaced, parts are ready to install!
1979 GL1000 - Winter project/parts bike - custom "Busted"
1983 GL1100 Standard- raised from the dead and back to organ donor status :cry:
And the newest acquisition, 1979 XS 650F to be a sidecar tug. crossy.gif