PADDYWACKER YOGA

A forum for stories, pics and updates of your resto's. Be it a barn find, Grampas hand me down or a bike being brought back to it's former glory.If you are restoring it, show us your stuff!

Moderators: Brant, Sagebrush, Forum Moderators

Sundance
Billet Alum. Member
Billet Alum. Member

Re: PADDYWACKER YOGA

Post by Sundance »

:shock: Because nobody did nothing but sneeze....Gezundtite. :)
..... :IDTS: :IDTS: :IDTS: ..... who asked? :guitar :guitar
type1 https://www.facebook.com/One.Ton.Ron action1
1984 KZ1000 P dresser, SOLD. anim-cheers1
"Imagination is a prerequisite for knowledge.
The artifact is needed to comprehend." :arrow: Sundance. :flamer :flamer
Sundance
Billet Alum. Member
Billet Alum. Member

Post by Sundance »

Yeah, I kind of like that feeling when I came back home and my fingers began to thaw with the biting pain because I know mine are beginning to feel again. Ah..., so I warmed them up and went back out with the camera to prove I had LIED...day 4 was present for duty, sir! :flamer :flamer :flamer :flamer
desertrefugee
SUPER BIKER!!!!
SUPER BIKER!!!!

Post by desertrefugee »

Some guys cut those exhaust tips down 5 or 6 inches and leave about a 2" tip coming out of the muffler. I always liked the look of the GL1000 pipes, but since yours are rusted, that might be something to consider, assuming everything forward is still sealing. The header stubs are notorious for rusting out.

Dunno about the tape on the plug wires. Cylinder number labels, maybe?

The best cleaning method is the one that works. It sort of depends on the grunge you're trying to expunge - and the underlying surface.

I love the 78/79 models. I'm a bit biased, but they do have character. Not unlike that fine Kawasaki Police you have. It has character in spades.

Too bad about the cold. I was in the garage again today finalizing the detailing on my '78 for the "Show and Swap" tomorrow.
- Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass. It's about learning to ride in the rain.
Sundance
Billet Alum. Member
Billet Alum. Member

Post by Sundance »

desertrefugee wrote:Some guys cut those exhaust tips down 5 or 6 inches and leave about a 2" tip coming out of the muffler. I always liked the look of the GL1000 pipes, but since yours are rusted, that might be something to consider, assuming everything forward is still sealing. The header stubs are notorious for rusting out.

Dunno about the tape on the plug wires. Cylinder number labels, maybe?

The best cleaning method is the one that works. It sort of depends on the grunge you're trying to expunge - and the underlying surface.

I love the 78/79 models. I'm a bit biased, but they do have character. Not unlike that fine Kawasaki Police you have. It has character in spades.

Too bad about the cold. I was in the garage again today finalizing the detailing on my '78 for the "Show and Swap" tomorrow.
:flamer That Kawi is going to walk as soon as someone is willing to walk with it. I am pretty certain the luggage and the fairing will go to with this one, the '78...but I can only live today, you know what I mean. :flamer
Sundance
Billet Alum. Member
Billet Alum. Member

Post by Sundance »

Day #5 arrived and I really fear to disobey the Holy Command of the Sabbath, and though I feel like a student in class passing a message to another in secret, it really is the most I can do to assure those willing to believe....it is nothing more than a prayer upon the wing. May we have international peace and acceptance to provide some relief. Amen,
...Sundance :flamer :flamer .
Sundance
Billet Alum. Member
Billet Alum. Member

Post by Sundance »

PLANS FOR TODAY- (Day 6)
2 a. m. - 4 a. m. Read GL1200 Sniak (80 posts-done).
Rake leaves ASAP-Remove Nessie's cover to breathe and photograph.
Time Table (weather dependent).
Really like the naked frame-clearcoat only. Really liked the yellow/gray seat Sniak saw disdainful.
Will check in later. Be blessed too.
Sundance.
Sundance
Billet Alum. Member
Billet Alum. Member

Post by Sundance »

DAY 6 was occupied with leaf raking, but I did manage some photos of the underside of Nessie. It appears there may be a few drops of oil between the legs of the center-stand.
Attachments
...good enough.
...good enough.
CIMG4593.JPG (323.87 KiB) Viewed 153 times
...leakage.
...leakage.
CIMG4596.JPG (261.44 KiB) Viewed 153 times
...a spot.
...a spot.
CIMG4578.JPG (224.86 KiB) Viewed 153 times
Sundance
Billet Alum. Member
Billet Alum. Member

Post by Sundance »

The saying goes the early bird gets the worm. God went fishing. The sun did set. I went home to get warm. It was 3 to 5 in the afternoon. The seventh day begins.... :crosso ..... :arrow: next.
Attachments
....slimey.
....slimey.
CIMG4590.JPG (308.69 KiB) Viewed 153 times
desertrefugee
SUPER BIKER!!!!
SUPER BIKER!!!!

Post by desertrefugee »

Looks like the clutch cover leaketh. Not a huge deal to replace, but it is a bit cramped back there between the slave cylinder and frame crossmember.
- Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass. It's about learning to ride in the rain.
Sundance
Billet Alum. Member
Billet Alum. Member

Post by Sundance »

desertrefugee wrote:Looks like the clutch cover leaketh. Not a huge deal to replace, but it is a bit cramped back there between the slave cylinder and frame crossmember.
I trust your eyes, desertrefugee, and if you look at some previous photos I posted it seems the carbuerators overflowed once upon a time, and there is quite a bit of oily grime around the oil filter and undercarriage. But yes, I didn't inspect closely due to time, leaf-raking and cold, but had been here reviewing videos on youtube, and was wondering about the rear master brake being the source....I will for sure become more fully aware as time progresses. By the way, here is a shot from my front steps toward MacArthur's Park at 3 p.m. today! Beautiful.... :flamer
Attachments
The Seventh Day.
The Seventh Day.
CIMG4607.JPG (267.19 KiB) Viewed 140 times
Sundance
Billet Alum. Member
Billet Alum. Member

Post by Sundance »

Between two measured angles of time, this one at five o'clock high.
Attachments
CIMG4609.JPG
CIMG4609.JPG (242.16 KiB) Viewed 133 times
raiddrten
Billet Alum. Member
Billet Alum. Member

Post by raiddrten »

Since it is so cold and all, might i suggest that you buy some quality penetrating oil like Deep Creep or Kroil. even better is BG In-Force. Spray a bit on each and every fastener that you might have to remove. every few days. You do not need much, just use the little straw

I was helping a kid get started on motorcycles and he had problems with stuck fasteners. I had him spray down all the fasteners on the cases twice a day for ten days. Even the very chewed up ones came out with the impact driver.

This thread describes some of the really good stuff available. I was a Kroil guy for a long time until I found the BG stuff. The guys on this thread swear by BG and they work on old tractors that have sat outside for years. I pretty much agree with the first post. http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/topic/70 ... ent-668892
Sundance
Billet Alum. Member
Billet Alum. Member

Post by Sundance »

raiddrten wrote:Since it is so cold and all, might i suggest that you buy some quality penetrating oil like Deep Creep or Kroil. even better is BG In-Force. Spray a bit on each and every fastener that you might have to remove. every few days. You do not need much, just use the little straw

I was helping a kid get started on motorcycles and he had problems with stuck fasteners. I had him spray down all the fasteners on the cases twice a day for ten days. Even the very chewed up ones came out with the impact driver.

This thread describes some of the really good stuff available. I was a Kroil guy for a long time until I found the BG stuff. The guys on this thread swear by BG and they work on old tractors that have sat outside for years. I pretty much agree with the first post. http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/topic/70 ... ent-668892
The bike was delivered one week ago (8 days) and I started the topic thread that Wednesday about this time. The next day I went to Walmart and purchased the cover, that has the warning label, "If ice forms under the cover, let it thaw before removal" etc. and these other two items pictured with a few towels and washclothes; 41 dollars. Today was blow out from the weather, but by afternoon was sunny and tomorrow should be warm enough to finish raking the leaves, and hopefully spray some of the WD40 on what I see, if my time permits....Friday I have a chance to return to the store (DG) and get a few more items I deem as advantageous for me at this time. I take heed to good advice, and will approach my work and abilities with this same attitude Thank you raiddrten. (Let me backtrack on experience levels. I KNOW NOTHING...is a tongue and cheek. Forgive me.) :flamer Sundance :flamer
Attachments
CIMG4614.JPG
CIMG4614.JPG (182.11 KiB) Viewed 116 times
raiddrten
Billet Alum. Member
Billet Alum. Member

Post by raiddrten »

Looking forward to see what happens next.
Sundance
Billet Alum. Member
Billet Alum. Member

Post by Sundance »

raiddrten wrote:Looking forward to see what happens next.
Your hours must be as odd as mine. I was over on Pedro's rebuilding pages, (page 4) admiring the Perth weather and began the meditational thought pattern consistent with deep hypnosis. This is generally triggered by reading extremely technical material completely over my head. Don't get me wrong, I sit immersed with a confused brain admiring the stuff I could learn. I can also sit and look at the pictures and nod like I know it all. action1
Hopefully I can adjust this sleep pattern so by the time it warms up I can get to work. I awoke last night at 7:36 and spent ten minutes in stupor trying to know which side of midnight it was. Anyway, such is life! lolol
I know there is more to come, but the how when and why are somewhere else. confused22
Today is NUMBER NINE .... :flamer Sundance :flamer

Return to “Members Restorations and Projects”