footpegs,floorboards

A forum for stories, pics and updates of your resto's. Be it a barn find, Grampas hand me down or a bike being brought back to it's former glory.If you are restoring it, show us your stuff!

Moderators: Brant, Sagebrush, Forum Moderators

doubleminded
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

footpegs,floorboards

Post by doubleminded »

My just purchased 82 has the markland floorboards and the heeltoe shifter.I know you guys hate them probably.I am going to remove them because I hate the heeltoe shifter and the floorboards make it difficult to get my feet off them when coming to a stop.I think the markland shifter the heeltoe bolts to might be a stock one.I am trying to get the footpegs off my 78 parts bike.The right one came off easy.The nut holding the left one came off ok.But it seems to have something making the peg itself immoveable.I thought just put a screwdriver behind it and it would wiggle off.The bolt threads sticking out might be a bolt inside the long tube going across the whole engine,not sure. Also I don't know if the 78 pegs will work on the 82. Anyone want to trade? All input appreciated. My bike is so immaculate I don't want to nakedize it. Sacrilege I know. I went riding yesterday.I had my jeans,leather chaps,a windbreaker, leather jacket over it, my warmest gloves, full coverage helmet. It was cold, about 60 and on my vulcan i would have been very cold. After only 25 miles I pulled into a gas station.I took a lot of stuff off. I probably could have just worn a t shirt and gym shorts. The wind protection is something I have not had for years. I like it.
Future owner of a oldewing.#12 in my goldwing history.
CYBORG

Re: footpegs,floorboards

Post by CYBORG »

was cold, about 60
I'd pay big money for 60 these days. And ride dawn to dusk crossy.gif
1978 custom GL1000
1977 custom with 1200 engine
1985 gl1200
doubleminded
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Post by doubleminded »

michigan is the coldest place i ever spent 30 days in in my life.Ann Arbor, february, 30 years ago.
CYBORG

Post by CYBORG »

doubleminded wrote:michigan is the coldest place i ever spent 30 days in in my life.Ann Arbor, february, 30 years ago.
Having spent a lot of time in the Virgin Is. It is one of the coldest for me as well
1978 custom GL1000
1977 custom with 1200 engine
1985 gl1200
Track T 2411
Honored Life Member
Honored Life Member
My Album: http://www.ngwclub.com/gallery/v/wingmans/Track+T+2411/

Post by Track T 2411 »

The 1000 pegs won't work on the 1100. As far as the shifter goes, I've seen two setups, one that replaces the stock shift lever, and one that just kind of slips over the end of the stock shift lever.
"I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious." - Albert Einstein

"He that is good with a hammer tends to think everything is a nail" - Abraham Maslow

"If you can't take the time to do it right the first time, how are you ever going to find the time to do it over?" -Unknown

Current Rides:
'Grumpy' - '81 Standard, now fully dressed.
'Layla' - '81 Standard w/dealer installed fairing and Hondaline bags.
'Scarlett' '76 'Survivor' nekkid as a j-bird!

Under Construction:
The 'Jalopy' '78-'79 Mash-up
'Quikie' '81 gl1100I back on the lift, project with the step-son!

In The Shed:
'81 gl1100I barn find aka "Josie, the farmer's daughter." (almost comatose build)
'77 gl1000, roller parts bike.
'82 gl1100I, 'Old Crusty' titled roller parts bike (free!)
'82 gl1100I, My first 'Wing, and an expensive lesson!
New2U Bike? Read Me.
doubleminded
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Post by doubleminded »

I got the 1000 pegs,held them up to the mounting points, they look they would work.Perhaps the bolts and studs to mount the pegs on are different
Steve81GL1100
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Steve81GL1100 »

1200 pegs will fit an 1100. Sort of part way between the round 1100 pegs and floorboards, being that they're wider front-to-back than the 1100 pegs and also flat on top. I'm looking for a nice pair of those myself...
Steve
Steve
1981 GL 1100 Standard, 81 Interstate bags, 84 GL1200 pegs, sometime National Cycle PlexiStar windshield
1996 BMW R1100R
2007 Piaggio X9 Evo500, wife's ride so she can keep up with the GL
1980 Vespa P200 (also wife's), restored, with custom paint, custom trim