Never Ever B4 seen photos of a Goldwing

A forum for stories, pics and updates of your resto's. Be it a barn find, Grampas hand me down or a bike being brought back to it's former glory.If you are restoring it, show us your stuff!

Moderators: Brant, Sagebrush, Forum Moderators

Patriccio
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Never Ever B4 seen photos of a Goldwing

Post by Patriccio »

I'm rather sick 'n tired of Big Brother's right arm, the California Department of Motor Vehicles (or is it Vehiccups?). It's been half a lifetime since I sent off the paperwork for The Puppy, and a quarter of a lifetime since the DMV cashed my check--and now nuttin'.
So in my spare time I got a mascot for the Puppy. It's a 2013 Honda CBR 250. Maybe it's a valet, not sure. My son is sick 'n tired of the parking situation at college, so he bought a bike. He figures it will take him 10% of his allotted parking time to park the bike before classes. He won't have to arrive on campus two hours before class. Smart move, I'd say.
So the Puppy sits on the patio until the DMV shuffles some paperwork this century.
P9010520.JPG
P9010520.JPG (179.72 KiB) Viewed 301 times
P9010519.JPG
P9010519.JPG (175.13 KiB) Viewed 301 times
If there is one thing I have learned throughout this process it is this: Check your respirator for spiders before you put it on.
Sugs
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Sugs »

Not sure what paperwork you have to take care of, but being a AAA member, I use them to take care of all my DMV stuff. They will usually issue me tempory paperwork until my official stuff arrives. I haven't stepped foot inside a DMV in years.

'79 Honda GL1000 Goldwing
Patriccio
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Patriccio »

Yea, triple A. I got irritated at one of the reps behind the counter five years ago. She was a really big girl, & she was being surly w/ me over something stupid like an apostrophe or a run-on sentence on DMV paperwork, or maybe it was something insurance related, like they raised my rates on my ancient truck 33% or something. Anyway, I was trying my darnedest to be polite when she bounded over the counter & put me in a headlock. I was astounded at her agility & surprised she remembered the headlock and the full nelson from her high school wrestling days. Her immediate supervisor intervened.

After speaking w/ her supervisor, (after dusting myself off & agreeing to not call the police), I learned she indeed did wrestle in high school. She was a big boned girl, Scandinavian stock, I'm sure. She was probably raised on Minnesota corn, beef, potatoes, & imported farkleberries, & she probably had four older brothers on the wrestling team as well. I didn't fare well; a button popped off my silk shirt, & I got a small nose bleed, rug burn, and an untied shoe lace. The supervisor was appreciative, though, because he could then reprimand her in writing for her abusive behavior. I wasn't sixty yet, but I think it still was elder abuse. I used the supervisor's shredder to shred my AAA member card. The plastic got jammed in the shredder's teeth. I've not been inside an AAA office since.

I had such a wonderful experience expunging/changing/correcting the speeding ticket on my official record that I just might be able to step into a DMV office & conduct some business.
Thanks Sugs. It's been a long time since I've recalled that surly descendant of the Vikings & her rock-hard biceps, vise-like grip, agility and intimidating snarl. Back to therapy for me? Not sure.
If there is one thing I have learned throughout this process it is this: Check your respirator for spiders before you put it on.
Patriccio
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Patriccio »

Dear Diary,
Ok, Ok, Ok, now, I'm just a common criminal! Unsure of my legal status, I took the Puppy for a shake-down cruise to the beach. I bolted the old plate on, stuffed the paperwork into my leathers, had a cuppa Joe & a croissant (& about five blueberries), then I was off.

And now, while my son & his best friend butcher the Allman Brothers & The Police on Guitar Hero on the X Box downstairs, I'm listening to Sinfonity play a little Holst & Bolero & Vivaldi.

Anyway, no pics because my son was in school (college), & I didn't want to set up the tripod for the official mug shot of the Puppy & me leaving the sanctity of our neighborhood. Still, there are several little issoos to deal with. Probably because of the age (not mine) of the apparatus, I have a tough time getting the left turn signal to go on. Again, there is an itsy-bitsy oil leak under the left valve cover. This thing loooves to cruise at 4k & 60-65 mph. Actually, my plan was to simply gas it up, but then I jumped onto the highway & opened it up, just to see what I could see. It was windy. I was buffeted, but I had about 600 pounds of steel under my buttocks, & I was comforted by that fact.

It was two good hours of cruising, & as it turned out, only one idiot in a pick up truck on the phone cut me off. Now, did the driver cut me off or did the truck cut me off? Doesn't matter. Mr. Not Paying Attention While on the Phone cut me off & to this minute the idiot remains oblivious to the fact. I once knew a guy w/ a Harley in Daytona Beach, Fl who had a shotgun holster rigged to the front right side of his bike. He swore that when people saw it, filled or unfilled, they gave him a heckuva lot more room. I'm wondering if my upholstery guy would be up for making me one. Dang, then I'd have to shop around for a shotgun. I might have to change the name of The Puppy to something else, too.
Tomorrow: out come the tools for cleaning; out comes the wax; out come the micro fiber cloths; out comes the beer--nope, have to work in the evening.
Until next time, it's Mr. Mediocrity signing off.
Last edited by Patriccio on Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shadowjack
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Shadowjack »

Make the shotgun holster so it will hold just the wooden buttstock sticking out of it. Then you'd have a chance to speak to all the LEOs you meet!
wheeliedog
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by wheeliedog »

I think the 250 is the new Puppy in the house. Your's is more The Pit Bull, ridden by a real outlaw to boot :lol:
naked 1980 GL1100 under construction.
sunnbobb
Facebook Admin
Facebook Admin
My Album: http://www.ngwclub.com/gallery/v/wingmans/sunnbobb/

Post by sunnbobb »

here ya go
Attachments
rep.jpg
rep.jpg (75.08 KiB) Viewed 202 times
I found the end of the internet

---- Bradshaw Bikes custom polishing for your wing. Visit us on facebook!

1978 Learning Experience
1980 County Road Hauler "Brain Damage"
1978 Cafe Custom Gl1000 "Vyper"
1977 Bulldog Inspired "Vaincre"
1981 Street Fighter GL1100 "No Quarter"
1983 Supercharged Street Drag "Anubis" (in worx)
1983 gl1100 mint restoration "Kristen"
1985 Aspencade..pondering.
Patriccio
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Patriccio »

You know that quizzical look you sometimes see on puppies? Yea, that was my son's face until he chuckled & said, "What the--?"
Patriccio
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Patriccio »

Big Brother loves me, yep, a lil ol' digit like me has enjoyed the aura of Big Brother. I'm melting w/ love, affection, obedience.
I mailed a check to the California DMV on June 22nd, 2017 & just look at how swiftly the paperwork was completed. I now present to you a bona fide & official orange sticker. Just look at the beauty of that color, the beauty of the black font, the linear placement of letters & numbers, the perfect choice of a rectangle. Awesome beyond belief. This beautiful sticker even came w/ really important instructions. Lissenup: "This validated registration card or a facsimile copy is to be kept with the vehicle (That's the Puppy!) for which it is issued. This requirement does not apply when the vehicle is left unattended." That second sentence really gets to me, deep into my heart, because I have no idea why they included it. I guess a tattoo could be interpreted as a "facsimile," right? I could tattoo the form on my right or left forearm just to have it w/ me each & every time I rode it. But when I walked away from the bike, I would be in full compliance, just because of that second sentence. Right again? I could conceivably bring the form w/ me to bed & tuck it under my pillow because the bike would be "left unattended" on the patio. Big Brother is so very wise. Big Brother even provided the previous expiration date on the bona fide & official & valid registration form. It states: May 24, 2007. I have saved the Puppy from certain purgatory.
I guess I am no longer the criminal, the outlaw, the one percenter I thought I was. I just couldn't live up to the reputation. Scofflaw yes, criminal no. *

*Picture will not load. I've gone from Mr. Notorious to Mr. Ineptitude within a nanosecond. Technology is telling me the picture (one little stinkin' picture) is too large. I'll try again tomorrow.
9/13/17 10:06 a.m. Pics won't load.
9/13/17 10:28 p.m Pics won't load.
P9120531.JPG
P9120531.JPG (84.71 KiB) Viewed 128 times
Finally, Mother Nature decided in my favor. Stay tuned; there are more.
Last edited by Patriccio on Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
5speed
Honored Life Member
Honored Life Member

Post by 5speed »

1982 1100 standard. (sold)
1986 Yamaha FJ1200
2000 Yamaha Roadstar
1976 GoldWing. running but not on the road
1978 Goldwing. future cafe project.
2019 Can-Am ryker (boss's new ride)

2002 Shadow American Classic(sold)
1983 Shadow 500. (sold)
Patriccio
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Patriccio »

This time I'm going to post the pics first, & then I'll invent words to accompany them.
Attachments
P9140536 (2).JPG
P9140536 (2).JPG (97.43 KiB) Viewed 126 times
P9140538.JPG
P9140538.JPG (102.25 KiB) Viewed 126 times
P9140541 (3).JPG
P9140541 (3).JPG (220.52 KiB) Viewed 126 times
P9140547 (2).JPG
P9140547 (2).JPG (162.78 KiB) Viewed 126 times
P9140553 (2).JPG
P9140553 (2).JPG (165.41 KiB) Viewed 126 times
Patriccio
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Patriccio »

Today I made the Puppy work, and work hard just like a Clydesdale draft horse--except it's only 600 pounds & not 2200 pounds, & it's not 18 hands high. I made him cart me around town & stand there & take it as I took photos. It's very similar to owning a Clydesdale, except for not having to store a lot of hay & tolerating the equine flatulence.
Here we are at Fort Rosecrans National Cemetery (above & below). The only way I'd end up here is if my family had me cremated & then someone dropped off the ashes into one of the cemetery trashcans.
P9140549.JPG
P9140549.JPG (173 KiB) Viewed 125 times
Last edited by Patriccio on Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Patriccio
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Patriccio »

All I need now are a surfboard, a chick, a six pack of beer, and 1966.
P9150561 (2).JPG
P9150561 (2).JPG (78.15 KiB) Viewed 123 times
Last edited by Patriccio on Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Patriccio
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Patriccio »

This is iconic Wind 'n Sea, surfers paradise when it's not flat like today. You should be a local before entering the water. If you aren't a local and you choose to enter the water, please have all your affairs in order, these guys can be territorial.
Oops, one too many.
Attachments
P9150566 (2).JPG
P9150566 (2).JPG (185.6 KiB) Viewed 121 times
P9150566 (2).JPG
P9150566 (2).JPG (185.6 KiB) Viewed 117 times
Sugs
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Sugs »

Awesome pictures! Great job. Nice touch with the "cucciolo" plaque.

'79 Honda GL1000 Goldwing