Never Ever B4 seen photos of a Goldwing

A forum for stories, pics and updates of your resto's. Be it a barn find, Grampas hand me down or a bike being brought back to it's former glory.If you are restoring it, show us your stuff!

Moderators: Brant, Sagebrush, Forum Moderators

gltriker
Honored Life Member
Honored Life Member

Re: Never Ever B4 seen photos of a Goldwing

Post by gltriker »

tumb2 CONGRATULATIONS to you and cucciolo for getting recognition as the November BOTM.
Last edited by gltriker on Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cliff (74yrs ;) )

Keep your eyes and ears open and you'll learn something new, everyday. tumb2

New users please visit our "Shop Talk" for common tips and help: <---jdvorchak
http://www.ngwclub.com/forum/page/ST
^^^^^^^click up here^^^^^ :oldies

RE: a thorough fuel tank cleaning
"And your carbs will thank you. They no longer live down stream from a sewage plant." -gregforesi tumb2
"Can't see the paint when your looking thru the handlebars..........." -Oldewing ;)
"I'd rather Ride than Shine" -RAT tumb2 Me Too!!

Cliff

'75 GL1000 home built trike; http://www.ngwclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=39996
October,2017 BOTM :shock: https://nakedgoldwingsclub.com/forum/page/Welcome

previous rides:
1953 H-D Servi-car, naked, 1969-1978 (serial#53G1559 committed to memory!)
1980 CB900 Custom (triked) 1997-2003 .... R.I.P.
chewy999
SUPER BIKER!!!!
SUPER BIKER!!!!

Post by chewy999 »

Many congratulations

action1 action1 action1 dancr anim-cheers1
Previous Rides,
1980 CB250N Good to learn on
1981 CX500 good mid range tourer, went to Austria on it!
1983 GL1100C Pride and joy, sold when I bought my 1st house, big mistake
1985 GL650 Silverwing another mistake, horrible bike
1986 CBX550 Good commuter
1989 Suzuki GS750 (1976) cheap and cheerful until a dog ran out in front of me on Xmas Eve, 1991
Current bikes
2010 CB1300 back on a bike after 19 years, two divorces, children grown up etc
1980 GL1100 NOW ON THE ROAD, still use CB1300.
Sugs
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Sugs »

Congratulazioni! Complimenti! Bravissimo!

'79 Honda GL1000 Goldwing
ericheath
Honored Life Member
Honored Life Member

Post by ericheath »

anim-cheers1 anim-cheers1 :crosso
Whatever I suggest here should be given ample time for a moderator to delicately correct. I apologize in advance.
77 WING, 1200 engine with 77 heads, cams, gl1100 foot pegs, Magna V65 front end, 764A carbs, [-gone Suzuki M109 monoshock--, replaced with gl1100 shocks] gl 1200 swing arm, gl1500 final drive, wheel and rear brakes Valkyrie seat, Meanstreak tank, Sportster pipes, Power Arc ignition off crank.
77 Wing. black
83 Wing, in pieces
"Continuing education is important even if the subject matter is fairly useless (as in this case)."---Greg Foresi
5speed
Honored Life Member
Honored Life Member

Post by 5speed »

Congrats Patricco. I hope this is is enough to convince you to start another build! :mrgreen:
1982 1100 standard. (sold)
1986 Yamaha FJ1200
2000 Yamaha Roadstar
1976 GoldWing. running but not on the road
1978 Goldwing. future cafe project.
2019 Can-Am ryker (boss's new ride)

2002 Shadow American Classic(sold)
1983 Shadow 500. (sold)
duke182
SUPER BIKER!!!!
SUPER BIKER!!!!
My Album: http://ngwclub.com/gallery/v/wingmans/duke182/

Post by duke182 »

Congratulations on botm!
God bless those who protect our freedom, at every level

Knees in the breeze makes miles of smiles

"Strive for progress, not perfection"-a wise man

1984 1200 standard
click pic to see my gallery

vote in my poll
Patriccio
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Patriccio »

What the--?!

I demand a recount.
If there is one thing I have learned throughout this process it is this: Check your respirator for spiders before you put it on.
HOTT
Run Executive
Run Executive
My Album: http://www.ngwclub.com/gallery3/index.php/wingmans/HOTT

Post by HOTT »

Patriccio wrote:What the--?!

I demand a recount.
action1 action1 Ha! Congrats. Always enjoy following along.
Nice to see Le Mean Pup burning up up the tarmac. anim-cheers1

HOTT
If we can't fix it, we can fix it so no one else can.
the Condor BOTY 2011
Ol' Sparky BOTM Dec. 2011
Lucky #13 BOTY 2018
Patriccio
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Patriccio »

The idiot savant has returned for a short stint.
It's eleven hours since I broke my fast, & I feel hungover, dang it.

Since the best teacher this side of planet Tralfamadore was Ms Woodburn, my kindergarten teacher, I had to channel her today as I adjusted the clutch on the bike. And you know, as I was lying there next to it, I heard her in my head. "Patrick. Did you de-tab the frame? Patrick. Did you powder coat the frame?" How can she still be in my head? It certainly has been a long time since the blunt scissors, construction paper & non-toxic children's glue prevailed in my daylight training hours.
Still, she's there. She set the standards, and there's no turning back.
Already, yea, already 5speed, I've got images of another bike in my brain. I would just have to search & purchase, drag it into my pick up & bring it home to reside on Procrastinator's Patio.
So the Puppy has decided that it likes to kick out in 6th gear. I adjusted the clutch cable today, but I think I may have to remove the clutch cover & adjust the internals. I'll wait for advice on that maneuver; there ain't much room under there for fore paws like mine. I had to forego the bicycle ride today to work on the clutch. Here's the proof. I always have proof.
PB060639.JPG
PB060639.JPG (145.3 KiB) Viewed 284 times
If there is one thing I have learned throughout this process it is this: Check your respirator for spiders before you put it on.
Patriccio
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Patriccio »

And wouldn't you know it? As soon as the BTM designation floated through the galaxy, the Puppy developed a condition. Both brackets for the the mufflers broke. They rattled, & I was trying to align myself w/ the galaxy, & a a little pop occurred in the back of my brain, a few inches from the nape, & so I checked the Mother Web Site. I'm just thinking the Puppy has developed some kind of rudimentary artificial intelligence or a sixth sense or a fifth dimension, & it demands attention. It is not satisfied w/ dragging this carcass around at high speeds. It desires attention. And so the muffler brackets broke & it pops out of sixth gear sometimes. With your help, I'll fix it.
PB030638.JPG
PB030638.JPG (75.66 KiB) Viewed 282 times
I actually celebrated the BTM designation tonight. You see, I was saving the twelve-year-old single malt for when the darn special plates, the vanity plates, showed up. But I have no idea when that will happen. I did have two wonderful conversations w/ minions of Big Brother. They said, "Yea, we know you sent in the paperwork & the check for the plates way back in June, but we're Big Brother minions, & we process at a very, very, very special rate---SLOW." So il mio cucciolo feroce will not be complete until the minions of the State decide to process the plate, to push the paperwork to the next level, to complete the build.
PB030638.JPG
PB030638.JPG (75.66 KiB) Viewed 282 times
Waiting for the minions has been tough. Here's a wonderful shot of my 12-year-old w/ my new hobby--CERAMICS!

(OK, maybe this just means I've had enough of the twelve-year-old for one night)
Last edited by Patriccio on Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sagebrush
Run Executive
Run Executive
My Album: http://www.ngwclub.com/gallery/v/wingmans/album269/

Post by Sagebrush »

It might be popping out of sixth gear because there isn't one. Unless of course you count neutral as a gear ;)
Dean Spalding
Raleigh, NC

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

'82 Yellow GL1100
'81 Blue GL1100

My Gallery
My 1100 Build Thread
Patriccio
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Patriccio »

Five gears, huh? No wonder my toes are black & blue; they're still lookin' for the 6th.
Patriccio
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Patriccio »

There was a wild ruckus one morning that dragged me from blissful slumber. I thought it might be a carnival in the front yard, or maybe it was a parade marching along the canyon rim, celebrating something about somebody. Or I thought it could be a giant B-something bomber trying to land on the commons in front of the condo. Nope, couldn't be that; the HOA wouldn't allow anything but dead leaves to land on the commons. Firecrackers? Gunshots? Leaf blower? Wood chipper? Cobwebs in my brain at the darn crack of eleven a.m. prevented any coherent image from emerging. I had to get up & investigate. Once I had my safety armor of slippers & bathrobe on, I ventured downstairs to see what condition the condition was in.
Once I opened the front door, & squinted into daylight, I immediately spotted the cause of the racket. The mail person had flipped a postcard from the California DMV through mail slot.
Hmm, might as well make coffee.

I had sent all the necessary paperwork & check to the DMV back in June, 2017. Eons of time passed & then the ruckus at the front door disturbed me. Decades of planning ensued, & I made an on-line appointment w/ the DMV (Deparment of Motor Vehicles, for those off-planet Goldwing enthusiasts). I was to pick up my personal license plate. Completion of the Puppy just might be eminent.
Today was the DMV day at 11:20 a.m. Only eight minutes after I arouse. Could be difficult to get there with punctuality.

I spotted the Lady In Red a couple blocks away from the DMV office as I looked for a parking spot for my truck. Short short flaming red hair matching a flaming red purse, and flaming red pant suit, flaming red bangles at the wrists w/ flaming red watch, flaming red dangly thingys at her ears. I'd estimate her age around seventy & her weight around 350 pounds. She had a four-point walker w/ slit tennis balls on two feet; they were lime green.

Hundreds of people from all tribes of the planet were in line. I could tell they all had been there awhile by the cobwebs stringing from their noses & earlobes & the wan expressions on their poor faces. They were moms & dads w/ too many children, supervisors, the hats 'n tats crowd, students, polyester people, hipsters, bikers; we were all nearly equal in line. Unequal because some of us had made appointments. I stood in the appointment line. Then I heard Lady In Red. "scuse me. scuse me," she mumbled as she ambled through the crowd into the appointment/handicapped persons line. All parted for her. Half an hour later I spotted her as she meandered up to window number twelve. She mumbled something & added the phrase, " You know what I mean? What I'm trying to say?" The heavens parted & I actually saw a DMV employee give her a smile. My day just improved.
Definitely not a record for the DMV visit, but I was in 'n outta there in 50 minutes!

MACH ONE, BABY, MACH ONE
PB280020.JPG
PB280020.JPG (121.31 KiB) Viewed 223 times
5speed
Honored Life Member
Honored Life Member

Post by 5speed »

1982 1100 standard. (sold)
1986 Yamaha FJ1200
2000 Yamaha Roadstar
1976 GoldWing. running but not on the road
1978 Goldwing. future cafe project.
2019 Can-Am ryker (boss's new ride)

2002 Shadow American Classic(sold)
1983 Shadow 500. (sold)
Sundance
Billet Alum. Member
Billet Alum. Member

Post by Sundance »

devil1 A fitting end you brought us all too, Pattriccio. What now? Pop-it into rewind, then replay it again?
Oh but that means TachTwo!! samdangit.....Sundance. :mrgreen:
type1 https://www.facebook.com/One.Ton.Ron action1
1984 KZ1000 P dresser, SOLD. anim-cheers1
"Imagination is a prerequisite for knowledge.
The artifact is needed to comprehend." :arrow: Sundance. :flamer :flamer