introducing "pooh" by timma11 and ???

A forum for stories, pics and updates of your resto's. Be it a barn find, Grampas hand me down or a bike being brought back to it's former glory.If you are restoring it, show us your stuff!

Moderators: Brant, Sagebrush, Forum Moderators

timma11
Silver Member
Silver Member

introducing "pooh" by timma11 and ???

Post by timma11 »

well since i got another one, i figured i'ld start a new thread. new posts will be copied to dan filipi's classicgoldwings.com forum as well.
i will have a closer look tomorrow, but it looks very promising!
timma11
Last edited by timma11 on Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"studies have found that people with schizophrenia are about twice as likely to smoke pot as those who are unaffected"
Old Fogey
Honored Life Member
Honored Life Member

Post by Old Fogey »

The MBS virus is spreading real fast! Dont let Mack stand too close :lol:

Looks like a tidy machine you got there, Tim.
"Impossible Is Just a Level of Difficulty!..."
If I'd wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better! (Johann Cruyff)
I’d give my right arm to be ambidextrous! :-D
Jester
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jester »

Did you forget to wait for the flash again??? :roll:
Jester

1976 GL1000 Stock....... Well, Kinda.
timma11
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by timma11 »

Jester wrote:Did you forget to wait for the flash again??? :roll:
LOL! there WAS a flash. i even lightened it up a bit too... and after i cleaned it some, i found out the real color was maroon! may have to change the name now.

so far i have removed the rear end of the bike to get at the gas tank. the old gas (if thats what you'ld call it) was nasty! so far i have drained two 2 liter bottles of an apple juice colored flulid and hopefully not much more will come out. this stuff smellllls BAD! i really dont want to open these carbs. can you run straight seafoam to clean them out? LOL!

oh yea, i also stripped off TONS of farkle! it may go up for grabs soon. the PO seemed to think shiney made it go fast or something. i think it looks a lot better the nakeder i get it:)

something had happened to the front master cylinder that caused it to decompose? when i took the top cover off, there was this funky whiteish powder between what was the cover and the rubber boot that sits inside the resivoir and it was empty. i will be needing a new one. any suggestions?

timma11
"studies have found that people with schizophrenia are about twice as likely to smoke pot as those who are unaffected"
Jester
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jester »

Suggestions??? Ya. Get hold of Frenchy and order up a rebuild kit for the master and the calipers. Might check the rear while your into it. It may need some love as well.
Now get some good DAY TIME photos. :lol: :lol:
Jester

1976 GL1000 Stock....... Well, Kinda.
timma11
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by timma11 »

well i took the plunge and threw some new gas and some seafoam in it. cylinders 2+4 fired right up! 1+3, well, they took their sweet time coming to life. the right exhaust was shooting 10" flames out! pretty cool! it also got rid of all the bugs in the area!! still stunk like hell though. for something that has sat for 2+years, it sounds pretty good. i had to control the "idle" with the choke. every time i let it off, it died. there seems to be a starter not engageing issue too. this thing will need the whole nine yards of service. valves adjusted, carb rebuild, timing, maybe a kerosene/oil flush, fix some lighting issues....

maybe after i get tired of riding my '76 i will start all that...

timma11
roncar
Vice President
Vice President
My Album: http://www.ngwclub.com/gallery3/index.p ... s/roncarGL

Post by roncar »

timma11 wrote:maybe after i get tired of riding my '76 i will start all that...

timma11
Well, sounds like "pooh" will be sitting for a while! lolol
"I periodically misspell words just to annoy the word police."

timma11
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by timma11 »

roncar wrote: Well, sounds like "pooh" will be sitting for a while! lolol
i tried to work on it today, but my little helper is on vacation :cry: (hi mack! :-D she is keeping tabs on my progress) and the bright blue skies and sunshine kept calling my name.

i did manage to get it started again and the seafoam seems to be doing something as this time i was able to use the throttle. also managed to squirt in some carb cleaner into the intake. that seemed to help a little too.

oh yeah, where is that thread about melting goo? it seems both my regulators decided to go south and melted all their guts onto the wires:(

enough typing. time to go for a ride!
timma11
timma11
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by timma11 »

well you never know what you'll find in a bucket-o-parts!!! the old master cylinder cover was ruined from sitting out in the weather for two years and the PO saved the original one he took off. i got the "new" one from RB in the mail today so from the two, i should be able to cobble together a good one. that is tomorrows project.
tim