CX650 Won't Start

for those of you that have M.B.S. (multiple bike syndrome) and have the "silver wing" models.
as our sponsors also have supplies for those bikes and they are popular with the "wing" crowd.

Moderators: CYBORG, Oldewing, robin1731, Forum Moderators

Shadow Dreamer
Tin Member
Tin Member

CX650 Won't Start

Post by Shadow Dreamer »

Have a friend who bought a CX650 last year, put 2500 miles on it before the end of the season, and on his last ride...well he explained it like this:
"I heard a loud 'BANG' and then it sounded like a car without a muffler on it. After that I steadily lost power. When I managed to get it home, I tried turning it over and it would start but wouldn't idle more than a second or two. When I tried to start it up this spring, it would turn, but nothing." I've had him check for spark, vacuum and compression. He says no spark, but vacuum and compression are good. He's also said that the wiring harness on it is a complete mess. I have not seen the bike and have been trying to help him over the phone, so any input would be greatly appreciated.

And yes, I did say something to him about leaving old gas in there and trying to run with old gas in it. At the moment, he's draining the tank, changing the filter and I have him rinsing the tank out with high octane fuel.

Thanks in advance for all responses!
~SD
Sidecar Bob
Honored Life Member
Honored Life Member

Re: CX650 Won't Start

Post by Sidecar Bob »

Send him over to cx500forum.com They'll get him going.
Mr. Honda ('83 GL1100/Dnepr) summer How a motorcycle evolves thread
The Famous Eccles ('84 CX650EI/VeloUral) winter Never Ending Build (CX500forum)
Click: Colour schematics for all GL1000 & GL1100 and GL1200 standard models plus instructions on how to download the full size version
"A guy with two sidecars can't be all bad." - Cookie
Another guy with two sidecars..... Hmmmm... must be something to that....
82aspy
True Blue Steel Biker
True Blue Steel Biker

Re: CX650 Won't Start

Post by 82aspy »

gotta figure out the no spark
"there is a Darwinian element"
Yoda said, "There is no try or not try; there is only do or don't do."
=====================
ngw quotes anim-cheers1 - \ "I will strip the beast" \ "the swingarm is just a hunk of metal" \ "gonna maybe ...dunno yet" \ "It's never done, thats the fun." \ "something about this site brings me back"