Source for CX650C gaskets?

for those of you that have M.B.S. (multiple bike syndrome) and have the "silver wing" models.
as our sponsors also have supplies for those bikes and they are popular with the "wing" crowd.

Moderators: CYBORG, Oldewing, robin1731, Forum Moderators

Missourimike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Source for CX650C gaskets?

Post by Missourimike »

Well, it appears that I've blown a head gasket on my CX650C. So far, the only vendor for such a gasket is one I've found in POLAND! Anyone know of another source or have you done business with this vendor(italianmotorcycles) in Poland? A whole gasket kit is only $65. Nice price, but I'm only concerned about Quality of their kit. Thanks for any help/input.
The difficult can be done in a day. The impossible takes a little longer, if you don't know it can't be done.
'75 GL YelloWing, '73 Norton Commando, '79 CB750, '80 Fiat Spyder, '83 Silverado w/ BB Cad, to name a few.
'79 Black Hondaline/Vetter bagger Tourer
'76 Yello Café to be
'83 CX650C Needs Work
'83 CX650C #2 Daily Rider
'79 Yamaha XS750
10 others in the project/parts pile
Whiskerfish
President
President
My Album: http://www.ngwclub.com/gallery/v/wingmans/whiskerfish/

Re: Source for CX650C gaskets?

Post by Whiskerfish »

I presume you checked with Honda??
"Agreement is not a requirement for Respect" CDR Michael Smith USN (Ret) 2017
"The book is wrong, this whole Conclusion is Fallacious" River Tam
2008 GL1800 IIIA "TH3DOG"
1975/6/7/8/9 Arthur Fulmer Dressed Road bike
1975 Naked Noisy and Nasty in town bike
and a whole garage full of possibilities!!

Psst. oh and by the way CHANGE YOUR BELTS!!!!
irishcarbomb
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by irishcarbomb »

A quick google search led me here

http://www.disastermotors.com/products/ ... gasket-set

Have not done business personally, but a search of the company seems to lead to good reviews..
1983 GL1100 Fuel Injected Turbo Build Thread
Missourimike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Missourimike »

irishcarbomb wrote:A quick google search led me here

http://www.disastermotors.com/products/ ... gasket-set

Have not done business personally, but a search of the company seems to lead to good reviews..
My Google search didn't bring these folks up. Must not have used the right word? Never heard of them, but sure worth a try! Thankyou very much! Will let everyone know what the end result is, when the time comes.
The difficult can be done in a day. The impossible takes a little longer, if you don't know it can't be done.
'75 GL YelloWing, '73 Norton Commando, '79 CB750, '80 Fiat Spyder, '83 Silverado w/ BB Cad, to name a few.
'76 Yello Café to be
'83 CX650C Needs Work
'79 Yamaha XS750
Sidecar Bob
Honored Life Member
Honored Life Member

Post by Sidecar Bob »

Go to your local Honda dealer and get original Honda head gaskets. There are places online where you can get genuine ones but By the time you pay for shipping and wait for them to arrive you are better off supporting the local guy so that he will still be there when you need him.

The consensus on cx500forum.com is that everything else in the aftermarket sets is fine and a set costs about what the 2 big gaskets cost from Honda so the price is still good even if you toss the head gaskets.

Personally, I buy head gaskets from the dealer and cut everything else from 0.8mm gasket sheet.
Mr. Honda ('83 GL1100/Dnepr) summer How a motorcycle evolves thread
The Famous Eccles ('84 CX650EI/VeloUral) winter Never Ending Build (CX500forum)
Click: Colour schematics for all GL1000 & GL1100 and GL1200 standard models plus instructions on how to download the full size version
"A guy with two sidecars can't be all bad." - Cookie
Another guy with two sidecars..... Hmmmm... must be something to that....
Missourimike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Missourimike »

Waited near two months for Disaster motors to get in new gasket sets. Finally ordered a set from KLASA in Poland on Dec.15. They shipped the next day, same day that I get a call from Disaster saying he has them in stock now. The set from Poland is ISO9001 certified, look to be complete and good quality. Couldn't tell you for sure who/where made.
The set from Poland arrived today, but now it's COLD in the shop and other projects moved to the front of the line. If I live another 20yrs and don't take on anymore "projects", I'll git er done. I really like riding the CX650C!
'76 Yello Café to be
'83 CX650C Needs Work
'79 Yamaha XS750