Mrbswing

A forum where buyers and sellers of parts can post about positive buying/selling experiences they've had with other members.
No negatives allowed.

Moderators: Whiskerfish, Forum Moderators

cmyoch
Gold Member
Gold Member

Mrbswing

Post by cmyoch »

I have been in a real pinch the past couple months with my starter. Three starters later and after several emails/phone calls with Bill, I bit the bullet and bought a brand new unit through his shop. It is a Rick's Motorsports starter. The unit I bought is this: http://ricksmotorsportelectrics.com/par ... 5HTDEwMDA=

Bill was able to get me a $20 discount on the item which basically covered the shipping (which was very reasonable due to the weight).

This starter went back in the bike easier than my original one. Although, I had enough practice removing and installing at this point... lolol

I hit the starter button and she immediately fired. This starter is way better than I imagined and well worth the investment. Bills, service and communication is fantastic. He's a good guy to generally BS with also :-D . I added him to my group of good guys to stay in touch with. He also offered additional advice on other areas of my bike to address (stator connections, etc) to prevent any future issues.

Guys, if you are having starter issues and you are able to spare the $200. Give him a call or PM. Hell, just call him to say hello!

Thanks again Bill for getting me back on the road! anim-cheers1
1976 GL1000
1978 Yamaha XS650
1984 Harley Davidson XLH1000
1969 Camaro Z28
1977 Redheaded Wife (Better move her to the top of this list)
wog
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Mrbswing

Post by wog »

Good to know, thanks for the link.
Great to keep these old 'Wings flying on down the road.
Whiskerfish
President
President
My Album: http://www.ngwclub.com/gallery/v/wingmans/whiskerfish/

Post by Whiskerfish »

action1 action1 action1 action1 action1 action1
"Agreement is not a requirement for Respect" CDR Michael Smith USN (Ret) 2017
"The book is wrong, this whole Conclusion is Fallacious" River Tam
2008 GL1800 IIIA "TH3DOG"
1975/6/7/8/9 Arthur Fulmer Dressed Road bike
1975 Naked Noisy and Nasty in town bike
and a whole garage full of possibilities!!

Psst. oh and by the way CHANGE YOUR BELTS!!!!
mrbswing
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by mrbswing »

cmyoch wrote:I have been in a real pinch the past couple months with my starter. Three starters later and after several emails/phone calls with Bill, I bit the bullet and bought a brand new unit through his shop. It is a Rick's Motorsports starter. The unit I bought is this: http://ricksmotorsportelectrics.com/par ... 5HTDEwMDA=

Bill was able to get me a $20 discount on the item which basically covered the shipping (which was very reasonable due to the weight).

This starter went back in the bike easier than my original one. Although, I had enough practice removing and installing at this point... lolol

I hit the starter button and she immediately fired. This starter is way better than I imagined and well worth the investment. Bills, service and communication is fantastic. He's a good guy to generally BS with also :-D . I added him to my group of good guys to stay in touch with. He also offered additional advice on other areas of my bike to address (stator connections, etc) to prevent any future issues.

Guys, if you are having starter issues and you are able to spare the $200. Give him a call or PM. Hell, just call him to say hello!

Thanks again Bill for getting me back on the road! anim-cheers1
WOW! thank you for the great feedback I do appreciate it! and I'm glad to help anytime you need help. Been great talking to you n texting. It is the best starter on the market as far as I know and I will not use any other starter PERIOD! These won't burn up like original 2 brush field excited ones will! They are 4 brush magnet.. If you need one send a PM and they normally can get it to you in 2 days and I can save you around $20 off list. Have a great summer riding..
Till then :8)
Mr Bill
(2)77 wings,two 83 wings 76 CB550 bobber,80 wing,CX500 turbo,700 Nighthawk,2 750 Yamaha triples,80 XS1100 yammy,CB360,600 yammy,CB750 s/s,and a few more? and my main bike(a beautiful 79 XS1100 Yamaha 19,000 miles) and it is very fast! Got another bike a 84 1200 Yamaha I think its a 1200? and more coming. Till then :8)

"DON'T TELL ME I AM WRONG UNLESS YOU ARE RIGHT"

Return to “Positive Feedback”