Credit to St. Louis Wingers

A forum where buyers and sellers of parts can post about positive buying/selling experiences they've had with other members.
No negatives allowed.

Moderators: Whiskerfish, Forum Moderators

cmyoch
Gold Member
Gold Member

Credit to St. Louis Wingers

Post by cmyoch »

I have to give credit to my fellow St. Louis wingers, 3 in particular. AODRN who I have yet to meet graciously lent me his Motion Pro tool to adjust the air mixture screws on my carbs which are now running way better. Jdvorchak who took several hours out of his busy days to help walk me through some issues plus school me on some pretty cool things. And, Ritalz who was the first winger I met when he gifted a header to me to replace mine that was dented and punched with holes. Al even periodically dropped by to check in on my progress which was great. I've meet a couple other cool guys from the area at the breakfast meeting which I hope I will be riding to this weekend.

This entire community is outstanding, I've learned so much and I've grown to love this bike more and more each day. At first I wasn't sure if I even wanted a GL and bought it to basically turn around. Now I don't think I can part with the damn thing!

Craig
1976 GL1000
1978 Yamaha XS650
1984 Harley Davidson XLH1000
1969 Camaro Z28
1977 Redheaded Wife (Better move her to the top of this list)
Whiskerfish
President
President
My Album: http://www.ngwclub.com/gallery/v/wingmans/whiskerfish/

Re: Credit to St. Louis Wingers

Post by Whiskerfish »

action1 action1 action1 action1 action1 action1
"Agreement is not a requirement for Respect" CDR Michael Smith USN (Ret) 2017
"The book is wrong, this whole Conclusion is Fallacious" River Tam
2008 GL1800 IIIA "TH3DOG"
1975/6/7/8/9 Arthur Fulmer Dressed Road bike
1975 Naked Noisy and Nasty in town bike
and a whole garage full of possibilities!!

Psst. oh and by the way CHANGE YOUR BELTS!!!!
AODRN
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Re: Credit to St. Louis Wingers

Post by AODRN »

cmyoch wrote: At first I wasn't sure if I even wanted a GL and bought it to basically turn around. Now I don't think I can part with the damn thing!
That is the way it was for me. I just wanted to play around in the garage so I bought my 81 off a buddy that was gonna donate it to goodwill for a 200 dollar credit to his taxes. Now I sold that one to my brother to get him riding and I took that money and bought a 79 project. These things are addictive.
1979 GL1000 Gordians Knot (In progress)
2010 Ninja 250 track bike