Stainless Steel Carb Clamps

cross over parts from other wings, hondas, or any other parts sources that can be used on our wings.

Moderators: robin1731, Rat, Forum Moderators

Sidecar Bob
Honored Life Member
Honored Life Member

Stainless Steel Carb Clamps

Post by Sidecar Bob »

I just bought new carb clamps for both of my bikes. It is easy to find stainless band clamps that are long enough but the ones I could find locally are all 1/2" wide where the originals are 8 or 9 mm wide and have to fit in grooves in the rubber that are about 10mm wide. Honda specifies different sizes for the CX's inlet & outlet and for the GoldWing but they are all between 55 and 59mm (can't remember which is which off hand, which is why I mentioned the CX).

Someone on cx500forum.com found Norma Torro (also known as Awab Torro) clamps that are 9mm wide.

You want part #NT09060-W4 (40-60mm). They should be less than $2 each. I found them at this site but if you aren't in Canada you should probably look for them at a marine supplier closer to home.

I have installed them on the 650 and they look way better than the originals.
Mr. Honda ('83 GL1100/Dnepr) summer How a motorcycle evolves thread
The Famous Eccles ('84 CX650EI/VeloUral) winter Never Ending Build (CX500forum)
Click: Colour schematics for all GL1000 & GL1100 and GL1200 standard models plus instructions on how to download the full size version
"A guy with two sidecars can't be all bad." - Cookie
Another guy with two sidecars..... Hmmmm... must be something to that....
salukispeed
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Stainless Steel Carb Clamps

Post by salukispeed »

Here in the states they can be bought from McMaster Carr and some come in 5/16 wide so about 8mm. I use them on most of my bikes for the same reason Sometimes referred to as worm drive tube clamps. about $12 for a box of ten. in the sizes we use. You can tighten them too tight if not careful. a bit of a snug once warm usually seals them
Honda 72 CL100 sold
74 CB750 K4 nice driver
1966 CA77/305 Dream nostalgic driver
84 GL1200I work in progress
1970 CT 70
1982 GL500 Interstate