West Coast 2017

A Place To Announce Run Flyers, Rallies, Web Links, Trips, Travel, Events and more.
Share your rides and events with other riders

Moderators: CYBORG, Rat, Forum Moderators

Wetduck
Brass Member
Brass Member

West Coast 2017

Post by Wetduck »

Are there any plans for a West Coast Event for 2017 ?
1982 GL1100 Standard
tlbranth
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: West Coast 2017

Post by tlbranth »

Sunnbobb said he'd work something out over the winter months but haven't heard anything.
Terry
Don't own a Vanagon
Don't work at Boeing
Life is good

1999 GL1500 SE
2002 Honda VT750 "ACE"
1975 GL1000
1970 CB750
Sagebrush
Run Executive
Run Executive
My Album: http://www.ngwclub.com/gallery/v/wingmans/album269/

Post by Sagebrush »

Sunbobb seems to be the only one in the entire western US willing to put together an annual West Coast Event. He's a busy man, small business owners usually are. Seems to me someone somewhere in the western states would be willing to step forward an host this event.
Dean Spalding
Raleigh, NC

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

'82 Yellow GL1100
'81 Blue GL1100

My Gallery
My 1100 Build Thread
Wetduck
Brass Member
Brass Member

Post by Wetduck »

I would be happy to help in any way I can.
1982 GL1100 Standard
JBz
SUPER BIKER!!!!
SUPER BIKER!!!!

Post by JBz »

Sagebrush wrote:Sunbobb seems to be the only one in the entire western US willing to put together an annual West Coast Event. He's a busy man, small business owners usually are. Seems to me someone somewhere in the western states would be willing to step forward an host this event.
+1 but not me at this time.Way to busy myself. Oregon, California, az or wereever would be cool we had a good one at crater lake one upon atime.Doesnt have to be Washington. jb. on a different note For some reason I cant stay signed in to the forum. jb
jbz........... Thinkin about sh-t too hard and You wont get anything done
Wetduck
Brass Member
Brass Member

Post by Wetduck »

So I do have few ideas,I'll get to work on them.Who do I need to contact for NGW guidelines ?
1. Columbia river Gorge, Ore/Wa up to Mt.St. Helens,then Stonehenge,over Mt. Hood then ?
2. San Fran, Golden Gate Bridge,down to Monterey,Laguna Seca, Lake Tahoe,Reno then ?
3.Hwy 101 up to Canadian border,then attend "The Oyster Run" (Sept) or ?
1982 GL1100 Standard
Sugs
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Sugs »

I'd love to ride somewhere in the PNW, but I live in SoCal. Not sure how many Southern West Coast guys there are. Plus my bike is in pieces right now...

'79 Honda GL1000 Goldwing
Brant
Board of Directors
Board of Directors
My Album: http://www.ngwclub.com/gallery/v/wingmans/brant/

Post by Brant »

Wetduck wrote:So I do have few ideas,I'll get to work on them.Who do I need to contact for NGW guidelines ?
1. Columbia river Gorge, Ore/Wa up to Mt.St. Helens,then Stonehenge,over Mt. Hood then ?
2. San Fran, Golden Gate Bridge,down to Monterey,Laguna Seca, Lake Tahoe,Reno then ?
3.Hwy 101 up to Canadian border,then attend "The Oyster Run" (Sept) or ?
Usually there is a designated campground or motel, with some days rides or suggested routes for folks to ride, or some local event going on. Usually 2-3 nights. And the west can be anywhere from Colo west. Usually a small registration fee collected and the club kicks in a bit. Its a little late to try to pull off something this season but not out of the question. Look through some of the old and current run threads. Contact Whiskerfish for more details.
83 GL 1100 bagger Ugly Betty
ALL WE WANT TO DO IS DRINK OUR ESPRESSO, RIDE OUR MACHINES, AND NOT BE HASSLED BY THE MAN
Owning a motorcycle is not a matter of life or death. It's much more important than that.
"Don't sweat the little things, guys, take care and appreciate all that you have around you!" - Fewman
NGWclub on Facebook
Brant
Board of Directors
Board of Directors
My Album: http://www.ngwclub.com/gallery/v/wingmans/brant/

Post by Brant »

Sagebrush wrote:Sunbobb seems to be the only one in the entire western US willing to put together an annual West Coast Event. He's a busy man, small business owners usually are. Seems to me someone somewhere in the western states would be willing to step forward an host this event.
Yeah, pretty daunting task to pull off a run every year. need some additional member participation.
83 GL 1100 bagger Ugly Betty
ALL WE WANT TO DO IS DRINK OUR ESPRESSO, RIDE OUR MACHINES, AND NOT BE HASSLED BY THE MAN
Owning a motorcycle is not a matter of life or death. It's much more important than that.
"Don't sweat the little things, guys, take care and appreciate all that you have around you!" - Fewman
NGWclub on Facebook
Chang_G_Wing
Cast Iron Member
Cast Iron Member

Post by Chang_G_Wing »

I'm new to riding and just recently got into goldwings, but I gotta say I love what's going on here. Would love to join a run. crossy.gif I'm here in Portland Oregon. Young and dumb and ready to run lolol
1980 Honda Goldwing Gl1100

crossy.gif -I ride naked- crossy.gif

lolol This Is My First Motorcycle lolol

Portland, Oregon
Chang_G_Wing
Cast Iron Member
Cast Iron Member

Post by Chang_G_Wing »

I'm new to riding and just recently got into goldwings, but I gotta say I love what's going on here. Would love to join a run. crossy.gif I'm here in Portland Oregon. Young and dumb and ready to run lolol
1980 Honda Goldwing Gl1100

crossy.gif -I ride naked- crossy.gif

lolol This Is My First Motorcycle lolol

Portland, Oregon
DUGG
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Post by DUGG »

I know that this wouldn't qualify as a rally. But me and the wife will be going to the Sky valley m/c show. Anyone want to meet up there or along the way?

A rally sounds fun. But I can't travel to far to do one. Self employed guy here, you know take off when ever I want for as long as I want :lol:

http://www.skyvalleybikeshow.com/
Wetduck
Brass Member
Brass Member

Post by Wetduck »

Looks like a nice event.I would be happy to ride up and join you,
but I will be showing my NGW at Corvallis the same day. I am
working on some other ideas for PNW riders."Meet and Greet" as
soon we get some sun.Some breakfast and ride days. plus getting
together at "Other Scheduled Events".So-pray for Sun to come out-
and watch this site !!
Attachments
2017_corvallis_flyer.jpg
2017_corvallis_flyer.jpg (119.99 KiB) Viewed 367 times
1982 GL1100 Standard
tlbranth
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by tlbranth »

I mentioned setting up a west coast rendezvous with my wife but the idea was nixed due to a flurry of trips and other stuff this year. I think 3 of us will go to Kettle Falls regardless. We did last year and enjoyed it a lot. With assistance, I might be able to set something up for 2018 in Kettle Falls.
Terry
Don't own a Vanagon
Don't work at Boeing
Life is good

1999 GL1500 SE
2002 Honda VT750 "ACE"
1975 GL1000
1970 CB750
DUGG
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Post by DUGG »

tlbranth wrote:I mentioned setting up a west coast rendezvous with my wife but the idea was nixed due to a flurry of trips and other stuff this year. I think 3 of us will go to Kettle Falls regardless. We did last year and enjoyed it a lot. With assistance, I might be able to set something up for 2018 in Kettle Falls.
When are you planning on going to kettle falls? I've never been there.