West Coast 2017

A Place To Announce Run Flyers, Rallies, Web Links, Trips, Travel, Events and more.
Share your rides and events with other riders

Moderators: CYBORG, Rat, Forum Moderators

tlbranth
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: West Coast 2017

Post by tlbranth »

DUGG wrote:
tlbranth wrote:I mentioned setting up a west coast rendezvous with my wife but the idea was nixed due to a flurry of trips and other stuff this year. I think 3 of us will go to Kettle Falls regardless. We did last year and enjoyed it a lot. With assistance, I might be able to set something up for 2018 in Kettle Falls.
When are you planning on going to kettle falls? I've never been there.
Not sure but I'll post it when we pick something. I have 2 BIIIIG rides scheduled in August so I would guess July sometime. Last year we stayed at a really cool little motel there with a long porch and chairs. Cheap but my favorite motel ever. Normally we'd reserve the group campground but since that won't happen, we could still arrange a meetup. My 1000 is still nuts and bolts. I hope to have it together by then but if not I'll come on something else.
Terry
Don't own a Vanagon
Don't work at Boeing
Life is good

1999 GL1500 SE
2002 Honda VT750 "ACE"
1975 GL1000
1970 CB750
DUGG
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Post by DUGG »

Sounds good. We enjoy cheap motels, It makes it so we can afford to stay longer.
We found a couple of good ones last year on our rides. My wife wants to know if there are other couples going. Plus if your not looking to add anyone to this ride just let me know, I would understand if your not.
tlbranth
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by tlbranth »

Dugg - I'm not keen on group rides. That's because most people go faster than I want to go. So the times I've been with a group, I go at the back, and catch up when there's a smoke/butt break. Kettle Falls is a beautiful area and the ride there is gorgeous. Last year my wife, son and I went - 3 bikes. We will probably do it again & stay in that same motel. We took 2 days each way. Stayed in Omak on the way and Waterville on the way back. Great if you'd like to ride along with us, 'long as you can handle our grandma pace.
Terry
Don't own a Vanagon
Don't work at Boeing
Life is good

1999 GL1500 SE
2002 Honda VT750 "ACE"
1975 GL1000
1970 CB750
DUGG
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Post by DUGG »

Thanks for the info. If we went I would probably do a lay over In Winthrop. I haven't done any group rides since in my early twenties and those where crazy. I don't ride too fast with the wife on the back and I don't push it too hard when solo either.
Brant
Board of Directors
Board of Directors
My Album: http://www.ngwclub.com/gallery/v/wingmans/brant/

Post by Brant »

Anybody about? Looking to be in the area the first week of Aug. viewtopic.php?f=19&t=63502
83 GL 1100 bagger Ugly Betty
ALL WE WANT TO DO IS DRINK OUR ESPRESSO, RIDE OUR MACHINES, AND NOT BE HASSLED BY THE MAN
Owning a motorcycle is not a matter of life or death. It's much more important than that.
"Don't sweat the little things, guys, take care and appreciate all that you have around you!" - Fewman
NGWclub on Facebook