New to Wings

Feel free to introduce yourself, tell us about your bike or just say hello. Members, say Hello and Welcome to our new members.

Moderators: Neil, redwood, rcmatt007, Forum Moderators

Mikeg
Brass Member
Brass Member

New to Wings

Post by Mikeg »

Ok, so I am new to Goldwings. I bought a 78 GL1000 last year cause it was too cheap to pass up. I dumped about $700.00 into it to make it viable and have ridden it once. I bought it with the intention of putting a sidecar on it and most likely will do that. I have however decided that the fairing and bags have to go no matter what. I posted on here when I first got it, but I guess I need to up my post count before I can list anything in the classified section, so that's what this is all about. Here is a picture of it as it stands. I like the naked look much better.

Everything must go!
1960 BSA A10
1971 Norton Commando
2007 Suzuki Bandit
1978 GL1000
desertrefugee
SUPER BIKER!!!!
SUPER BIKER!!!!

Re: New to Wings

Post by desertrefugee »

Nice machine. '78's are cool. I don't think I recognize the fairing and those bags. They're not the common Vetter or Bates that I know of. Calafia maybe? Either way, they might be worth some coin.
- Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass. It's about learning to ride in the rain.
TNTbefree
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TNTbefree »

Those are nice. I like the lines. Ridden once? Why only once?
Rat
Photo Gallery Admin
Photo Gallery Admin
My Album: https://www.ngwclub.com/gallery/v/wingmans/rat/
RIP: cookie

Post by Rat »

Welcome (back) to the 'Wingdom.

Nice looking bike.

Gord
"I'd rather Ride than Shine"
‘14 KLR650 ... not a rat ... yet
‘84 GL1200i ‘R2B6' (Rat to Be 6, the last, adopted by twowings)
My Original 'RAT' was a hybrid '82 CB900/1100F
Mikeg
Brass Member
Brass Member

Post by Mikeg »

The bags and fairing are Arthur Fulmer. Ridden only once because I have not registered it yet and it needs tires...working on that today. The one ride I took told me enough to know that I don't want all that weight from the fairing hanging off the front end. I don't mind the bags too much, but I don't want to break up a set of period accessories like that. Besides, with a sidecar I'll have lots of storage space anyway.
1960 BSA A10
1971 Norton Commando
2007 Suzuki Bandit
1978 GL1000
rcmatt007
Treasurer
Treasurer
My Album: http://www.ngwclub.com/gallery/v/wingmans/rcmatt007/

Post by rcmatt007 »

whiskerfish's 78 has that same set-up. What kind of sidecar are you thinking of?
-Rodger-
all it takes for evil to prosper is the want of a few good men to do nothing-Edmund Burke
The question is not how much time do you have, it is what you do with the time that you have Gandalf
"One of the greatest dignities of humankind is that each successive generation is invested in the welfare of each new generation." Fred Rodgers
"it takes 10,000 hours to become an expert" ancient saying
78 constantly modified/customized since 1978, BOTM June 2015 de-evolving this very moment viewtopic.php?f=30&t=65511
76 Ltd "cookies bike" ALMOST DONE
79 project, finished, FOR SALE
'86 1200 (Beth's)(FOR SALE) with motorvation sidecar (sidecar sold) , July 2017 BOTM
'17 HD Road king and 08 HD Heritage softail (Beth's) (FOR SALE). I guess you can say we have MBS