CB900c

Discuss anything about other motorcycles, accessories, riding gear and other motorcycle related topics.

Moderators: Whiskerfish, ascot, Forum Moderators

jnevill
Tin Member
Tin Member

Re: CB900c

Post by jnevill »

Here’s mine - before...

Image2F2213CF-F577-488B-B9C2-5E810A408D78 by jim nevill, on Flickr

After...

Image92D1B234-3C0C-4821-8408-9B20C5017B2C by jim nevill, on Flickr
‘77 GL1000 GoldWing (A work in progress...)
‘81 CB900 Custom
‘99 GL1500 Valkyrie (SuperValk’d)
‘03 GL1800 GoldWing
x01660
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Post by x01660 »

How easy is it to get some additional power from these things? Things like piston kits, cams, etc?

If I wanted, say, an additional 20 HP, would it be cost prohibitive?
-x01660

"The best motorcycle is the one well ridden" anim-cheers1

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." ~Friedrich Nietzsche
desertrefugee
SUPER BIKER!!!!
SUPER BIKER!!!!

Post by desertrefugee »

Another 20 hp would be darn near impossible. More than 20%. Couldn't do it without major surgery or turbo charging. It would be tough, and yes, it would be cost prohibitive. If I was gonna spend that kind of money to build a high horse power motor cycle, I don't think I'd start with the CB900.

I remember back in the day when I had my first ZL900, I regularly rode with a friend with a CB900C. It wasn't even close to being a match with the ZL.

My point is just that if it were mine, I would enjoy the motorcycle for what it is. I wouldnt spend a bunch of money and try to make it something that it's not.
- Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass. It's about learning to ride in the rain.
x01660
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Post by x01660 »

desertrefugee wrote:Another 20 hp would be darn near impossible. More than 20%. Couldn't do it without major surgery or turbo charging. It would be tough, and yes, it would be cost prohibitive. If I was gonna spend that kind of money to build a high horse power motor cycle, I don't think I'd start with the CB900.

I remember back in the day when I had my first ZL900, I regularly rode with a friend with a CB900C. It wasn't even close to being a match with the ZL.

My point is just that if it were mine, I would enjoy the motorcycle for what it is. I wouldnt spend a bunch of money and try to make it something that it's not.

That's what I figured. I think I'm gonna set it up as a tourer. Keep the fairing, fix the seat, get hard luggage.

It seems like it would be tolerable for 2 up riding, since I wouldn't go over 80 with a passenger.

I'm really looking forward to that dual range sub tranny...... Its gonna be unique having a 10 speed motorcycle. :)

It also will give the GS a break; I'll commute on the CB, and hoon on the Suzuki...

:twisted:
-x01660

"The best motorcycle is the one well ridden" anim-cheers1

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." ~Friedrich Nietzsche