Shinko 230 Tourmaster Tires

Discuss anything about other motorcycles, accessories, riding gear and other motorcycle related topics.

Moderators: Whiskerfish, ascot, Forum Moderators

Solina Dave
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Re: Shinko 230 Tourmaster Tires

Post by Solina Dave »

Once you get me going, I can't shut up. :IDTS:

I just received my new Shinko 230 Tour Master tires, and I was checking out the sidewall info.
Just for anyone who may be interested, the Spitfire II tires are H rated (130 mph.), and the Battlax BT-45 and Shinko 230 tires are V rated (149 mph.).
The load rating, at maximum air pressure, for the front tires is: Spitfire II (584 lbs.), BT-45 (507 lbs.), and the Shinko 230 (583 lbs.) The BT-45 being lower, I quess, because it's a 100/90-19 as opposed to the Spitfire and Shinko being 110/90-19. (They're also available in a 100/90-19.) The BT-45 is only available as a 100/90-19.
The load rating, at maximum air pressure, for the rear tires is: Spitfire II (694 lbs.), BT-45 (694 lbs.). But the Shinko load rating for the rear tire is 825 lbs., a significant difference, and I suppose of significant benefit.
Especially for some of you more pleasently plump riders. lolol

Rubber down!!.....anim-cheers1 .....Dave
"ASSUME NOTHING"

1st motorcycle-1977 Honda CB550F Super Sport
2nd motorcycle-1978 GL1000

"Not riding a motorcycle is wrong"
raiddrten
Billet Alum. Member
Billet Alum. Member

Re: Shinko 230 Tourmaster Tires

Post by raiddrten »

The handling is fine, but what I really appreciate about the Shinkos on a CB 750 is that they will howl a bit during hard braking--sort of an early warning before things get really out of hand. I can just kill it on damp roads with my riding buddy asking me, " How can you make those curves --Mine was breaking loose around them?"

He is a better rider than me on the dry stuff though, as I once had a surprise off on invisible loose black sand on otherwise nice asphalt. A broken thumb makes me a little gun shy, I guess.

No Goldwing yet, but i have a 1976 GL 1000 in the pipeline.