Dead battery, cause?

Discuss everything about Honda GoldWing. Feel free to ask any question related to GoldWing.

Moderators: CYBORG, Oldewing, robin1731, Forum Moderators

CYBORG

Re: Dead battery, cause?

Post by CYBORG »

Sidecar Bob wrote:Before I retired a bunch of guys who were told me they couldn't figure out how they ever found time to go to work every day. It took me about 3 months after I retired to figure out what they meant...
Been there..... doing that :lol: :lol: :lol:
1978 custom GL1000
1977 custom with 1200 engine
1985 gl1200
pjlogue
Billet Alum. Member
Billet Alum. Member

Post by pjlogue »

CYBORG wrote:
Sidecar Bob wrote:Before I retired a bunch of guys who were told me they couldn't figure out how they ever found time to go to work every day. It took me about 3 months after I retired to figure out what they meant...
Been there..... doing that :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes, I have heard this from many people who have retired. Even from my own parents. Perhaps the switch from having to do something (like a job) to doing things (for the most part) one wants to do and the concept of time getting compressed as you age induces one to do more, hence, being more busy arfer retirement. The mystery awaits me. My biggest fear is the day I can no longer get the GL on the center stand and I'll have to have a 1" board under the rear wheel to cheat gravity. LOL.

-P.
CYBORG

Post by CYBORG »

Took the center stands off of my bikes years ago....... now I await the day I can't get them off the side stands :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
1978 custom GL1000
1977 custom with 1200 engine
1985 gl1200
Rat
Photo Gallery Admin
Photo Gallery Admin
My Album: https://www.ngwclub.com/gallery/v/wingmans/rat/
RIP: cookie

Post by Rat »

Yes brother ....

Gord crossy.gif
"I'd rather Ride than Shine"
‘14 KLR650 ... not a rat ... yet
‘84 GL1200i ‘R2B6' (Rat to Be 6, the last, adopted by twowings)
My Original 'RAT' was a hybrid '82 CB900/1100F
Sidecar Bob
Honored Life Member
Honored Life Member

Post by Sidecar Bob »

My bikes don't have any stands. I have them and can bolt them on when needed but most of the time they would just be dead weight. Moving forward on the assumption that getting a bike off the stand will never be an issue for me

Re retirement: It is mostly because if you have a life outside of work you will fill your day with all of the stuff you wanted to do but never had time for when you were working and eventually you find a balance between your "To Do" list and taking as long a break as you want.
This is a good thing because many of those who do not have much of a life outside of work don't survive long without it.
BTW: One of the greatest things about not having to go to work is that you can sleep until you are finished. 8 hours per night leaves you in much better shape to face the new day. I find I don't require coffee to get me started anymore...
Mr. Honda ('83 GL1100/Dnepr) summer How a motorcycle evolves thread
The Famous Eccles ('84 CX650EI/VeloUral) winter Never Ending Build (CX500forum)
Click: Colour schematics for all GL1000 & GL1100 and GL1200 standard models plus instructions on how to download the full size version
"A guy with two sidecars can't be all bad." - Cookie
Another guy with two sidecars..... Hmmmm... must be something to that....