Age-Old Rear Turn Stem Dilemma

Discuss everything about Honda GoldWing. Feel free to ask any question related to GoldWing.

Moderators: CYBORG, Oldewing, robin1731, Forum Moderators

Jonesz
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Age-Old Rear Turn Stem Dilemma

Post by Jonesz »

Going back to your original post it seems to me that the (Saber cycle)stems I had to adapt to fit the tail light assembly of my 78 would fit your 75 Gl1000 without modification if you are mounting them to the grab rail of your 75 bike. I am still confused as to whether you have a grab rail or not? If you are wanting to mount the turnsignals to the tail light assembly then you need a set of longer stems so that the turnsignal light extends out past the license plate and tail light. Hope I am not confusing the issue any further. The pictures Liam posted should make it very clear how the lights mount to the grab rail.
Jonesz

1983 GL1100 Aspencade named "Freki" currently undergoing change to a standard. Sold
1999 Valkyrie CT 1500 goes by the moniker "Valerie"
1978 Gl1000 "Loki" new project going to be a Cafe Convertible
1979 Suzuki GS850. Sold
Dr. Frankenstein
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Dr. Frankenstein »

Follow Up: just a bit of information re: the hard-to-find turn stems...despite all the chatter about Saber Cycle, I took a chance and got a pair of front stems for my '75 Wing from them on Ebay for $8 each - they arrived promptly, were in great shape, and best of all just screwed right in! I've ordered two for the rears, and hopefully they will be just as good too...so maybe things have changed regarding their customer service; but I had no problems, and now I can finally get around to testing the electrical system/turn signals. I just wanted to post this in case anybody else is looking for those too.
cfairweather
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by cfairweather »

You can buy new reproduction stems at Saber Cycle.
https://www.saber-cycle.com/store/product1184.html
Dr. Frankenstein
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Dr. Frankenstein »

Yes, that's where I got them...awesome price, awesome fit.