GL1200 Carb O Rings

Discuss everything about Honda GoldWing. Feel free to ask any question related to GoldWing.

Moderators: CYBORG, Oldewing, robin1731, Forum Moderators

Mike-C
True Blue Steel Biker
True Blue Steel Biker

GL1200 Carb O Rings

Post by Mike-C »

Good Evening Gents;
I got my 1200 project running after the head gasket and valve job, so far so good. Now on to the carburators. The bike only runs on the starter jets which makes me think the low speed jets are blocked, and a carb job is in order. Can anybody give me the part numbers for the little O rings that seal up the carb to carb transfer tubes. There is one tube for fuel delivery, one for the air cut system (as per the parts manual), and one for carb to carb vacuum balance (??) Anyway, there are 3 tubes per carb set with an O ring on the end of each one. That makes a total of (12) rings. Can anybody give me the part numbers. They used to be available separately but not any more, they are now part of the complete carb kits. I have had bad luck with aftermarket carb parts so I would prefer OEM is possible.
Mike Coleman
'84 Wing-Lite (ex-Aspencade)
'84 (un-Terstate)
'84 Standard (as yet un-named)
'96 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 (The Vulcanator)
Mike Coleman
North Lancaster, Ontario
Canada
flyin900
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: GL1200 Carb O Rings

Post by flyin900 »

Mike I rebuilt my 1984 GL1200 carbs using original Honda O ring kits that were still available from Honda about 18 months ago. I think if you look up the Honda part it is noted as the #1 gasket set on the parts fiche. Since the carbs on a GL1200 are a simpler design and less parts needed, I think the kits cost me about $60.00 Canadian for all four sets.

I did have issues later after the work I did with the rubber vacuum diaphragms that were still solid with no tears, yet had shrunk very slightly on their outer diameter where they seal into the groove in the top of the carb body. They fit fine with no issues until I took the carbs apart then the fun began. The bike would start and idle fine yet once underway it had no pulling power and wouldn't rev out past 6K.

Mike Nixon was kind enough to offer some suggestions and recommend a product called Hylomar that with a little gentle stretching of the diaphragms and some Hylomar I was able to get them the seal correctly.
Current Bikes:

1966 CL77 - Honda 305cc - Dual purpose - "Gentleman's Scrambler" was a period moniker.
1967 CL175K0 - Low production number with #802 engine serial- winter 2019/2020 full restoration.
1972 CB350F - Baby Four with low mileage - Cosmetic refresh to the next level 2021/2022.
1978 CB550K - Very original bike with only 7499 Km. from new - light cleanup and refresh done.
1983 CB1100F - Canadian model - DOHC Supersport in pristine low kilometre condition from new.
1984 GL1200 - Standard model in showroom condition - two owner bike from new.
1984 CX650E - Restored summer 2017 - a rare Eurosport model - excellent one owner bike.
Mike-C
True Blue Steel Biker
True Blue Steel Biker

Post by Mike-C »

Good Morning;
I can remember buying the O rings separately a few years ago, but I guess they have been amalgamated into complete kits.
I am off to my local Honda dealer this morning.
Mike Coleman
'84 (un-Terstate)
Mike Coleman
North Lancaster, Ontario
Canada
robin1731
Membership Admin
Membership Admin

Post by robin1731 »

Why not buy Randakk rebuild kits? You get all the 0-rings you need in material that will hold up to ethanol fuel. You also get everything you need to do a complete carb rebuild. All for $115.99.

1976 Goldwing Super Sport
1985 Honda Elite
1976 KZ900 Dragbike
1992 ZX7 Dragbike (KZ900 style motor w/NOS)
and a rotation of various purchases
Randakk approved Carb Rebuilder
Mike-C
True Blue Steel Biker
True Blue Steel Biker

Post by Mike-C »

Gents;
Thanks for the tip, Robin, I went to my local Honda dealer and for $62.00 CDN, I ordered 4 genuine Honda kits. Delivery on Wednesday.
Mike Coleman
'84 (un-Terstate)
Mike Coleman
North Lancaster, Ontario
Canada