Wiring connectors 82 Aspencade gauge set

Discuss everything about Honda GoldWing. Feel free to ask any question related to GoldWing.

Moderators: CYBORG, Oldewing, robin1731, Forum Moderators

Jonesz
Silver Member
Silver Member

Wiring connectors 82 Aspencade gauge set

Post by Jonesz »

Well I have searched all over but can't find a schematic for an 82 Aspencade. I have been trying to figure out what a three prong connector from the 82 gauge set should be hooked to. The three wires in that connector are 1. Pink 2.Blue/white stripe 3.White/ black stripe. Seems like an easy answer but I am trying to cross match an 82 Aspencade gauge set to an 83 Aspencade from which I have removed the digital dash pod etc. Seems strange that I have a Clymers who don't seem to know that there was an aspencade and also a digital copy of a Honda manual which doesn't seem to include a schematic either. Hope somebody can help me. May have one or two other ?'s before I am finished this part of the project. If anyone can point me to a schematic for the 82 & or the 83 Aspencade I would be forever in their debt.
Jonesz

1983 GL1100 Aspencade named "Freki" currently undergoing change to a standard. Sold
1999 Valkyrie CT 1500 goes by the moniker "Valerie"
1978 Gl1000 "Loki" new project going to be a Cafe Convertible
1979 Suzuki GS850. Sold
Jonesz
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Wiring connectors 82 Aspencade gauge set

Post by Jonesz »

I found the answer. I had cross posted this on the Goldwing docs site and a helpful soul named Dave tells me the connector in question belongs to the rear suspension air pressure warning light. I will be able to ignore this setup as the 83 Aspencade can run with 0-57 PSI therefore has no warning system.
Jonesz

1983 GL1100 Aspencade named "Freki" currently undergoing change to a standard. Sold
1999 Valkyrie CT 1500 goes by the moniker "Valerie"
1978 Gl1000 "Loki" new project going to be a Cafe Convertible
1979 Suzuki GS850. Sold