Brakes; getting closer. Opinion on pads and more

Discuss everything about Honda GoldWing. Feel free to ask any question related to GoldWing.

Moderators: CYBORG, Oldewing, robin1731, Forum Moderators

ianstaley
Titanium Member
Titanium Member

Re: Brakes; getting closer. Opinion on pads and more

Post by ianstaley »

You could get one here.. But expensive. I have three wrenches, all click type and kept in their boxes, There must be a setting where they all cross over, for example the smallest one might have a setting for 20 ft lbs and the middle size the same, use the one to check against the other, and the same between the middle and bigger one.

http://mark-10.com/instruments/torque/T ... Ah1u8P8HAQ

or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIkg94hDswY
robin1731
Membership Admin
Membership Admin

Re: Brakes; getting closer. Opinion on pads and more

Post by robin1731 »

bonestock3 wrote:snip....................
*it certainly is the clicker type. So store at lowest setting. Easy. Where would I take it to get recalibrated? What might cause them to lose calibration?
I like keeping it in the case like some magic wand.

There are places you can send them to. Do a search for recalibration service's. If you bought it off a truck they can send them in and get them checked. I think some larger towns might have places that do it too. Just normal use can cause them to fall out of adjustment. It is a precision instrument so while tough tools they are also a bit delicate. Like Cyborg said though he has had his checked and they have always been good. For the home use guy as long as they aren't abused, like using them to loosen things, or thrown around, they should be good for a long time. For guys that use them several times a week it's a little more important to make sure they are right.

Also, don't get one that starts at say 20lbs-ft and expect it to be accurate there. They aren't normally "real" accurate at either end of their scale. 10 to 15lbs-ft is a better place to expect to use them. Another reason to have multiple ones. And you should have lbs-ft and also lbs-in wrenches.
1976 Goldwing Super Sport
1985 Honda Elite
1976 KZ900 Dragbike
1992 ZX7 Dragbike (KZ900 style motor w/NOS)
and a rotation of various purchases
Randakk approved Carb Rebuilder