series regulator

Discuss everything about Honda GoldWing. Feel free to ask any question related to GoldWing.

Moderators: CYBORG, Oldewing, robin1731, Forum Moderators

gargoyle
Chrome Member
Chrome Member

Re: series regulator

Post by gargoyle »

I raising this old thread because it appears to have been the latest one posted about these regulators (CE-605SB). Are there any updates or new information that anybody has? :?: My OEM regulator gave up on me last Thursday on my way to Barbers (I had only gone 50 miles) so I ended up going down in the car. :( So now I'm back and I just ordered a CE605SB. I'm hoping to have it by the weekend. If you check Cycle Electric's website you won't see the 605SB but it is still available. I've come up with a couple more mounting places that hadn't been mentioned.

1. under the left side cover with some slots cut into the front & back of the cover for airflow.
2. under the right cover where the kick starter resides
3. underneath a luggage rack.

I have no dimensions of how tall this is from base to top of the fins. If somebody could post that number I'd really appreciate it. This I can mock up something to work ideas with until the new one arrives.
rcmatt007
Treasurer
Treasurer
My Album: http://www.ngwclub.com/gallery/v/wingmans/rcmatt007/

Post by rcmatt007 »

I recently bought one from ricks motorsports (or something like that).... for the first time in years my voltage gauge sat on 13.6 (well somewhere on the high side between 13 and 14) all the time. I replaced the OEM separate regulator and rectifier. simple plug in
-Rodger-
all it takes for evil to prosper is the want of a few good men to do nothing-Edmund Burke
The question is not how much time do you have, it is what you do with the time that you have Gandalf
"One of the greatest dignities of humankind is that each successive generation is invested in the welfare of each new generation." Fred Rodgers
"it takes 10,000 hours to become an expert" ancient saying
78 constantly modified/customized since 1978, BOTM June 2015 de-evolving this very moment viewtopic.php?f=30&t=65511
76 Ltd "cookies bike" ALMOST DONE
79 project, finished, FOR SALE
'86 1200 (Beth's)(FOR SALE) with motorvation sidecar (sidecar sold) , July 2017 BOTM
'17 HD Road king and 08 HD Heritage softail (Beth's) (FOR SALE). I guess you can say we have MBS
gargoyle
Chrome Member
Chrome Member

Post by gargoyle »

I talked to Cycle Electric today and they sent me the drawings for the 605SB. Now with some dimensions in hand and a cardboard mock-up of a mounting plate I think I've come up with a good location for this regulator. I think it will work mounted at the top of the radiator. It doesn't block that much air flow to the rad and it is definitely out in the air stream for cooling. It looks like the wires can be ran back through the frame into the right cover and back to the battery. Did anybody look at this for a location? I should have my part by Friday so I'll know more by then.
Dirty Dave
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Dirty Dave »

I removed my new R/R unit and went back to the two separate units after losing one of my Dyna S pickups 160 miles from home. I got spooked as that was the only mod that I had done. Guess I overreacted to a complete coincidence..........
1978/9 GL1000
1997 Honda Valkyrie
2018 Kawasaki Z900 RS
Toehead
True Blue Steel Biker
True Blue Steel Biker

Post by Toehead »

Ya, probably not the culprit if as long as it was working properly.

They Dynas do seem to be sensitive to voltage. I lost one after my regulator stopped working and it was hit with 16V for a short time. I hope the newer designs are a little better.
2012 Golf TDI, fast and frugal oil burner
1980 CX500C, All around road warrior (Sold)
1975 TS125 (Sold), old smoker
1977 naked GL1000, Highway cruiser
'81 GL1100 14,000 (reconditioned and sold)
'81 GL1100 50,000 miles (under construction)
2X 1981 CM400 beginner bike (sold)
1980 CB750C (sold)
1994 Virago 750 (Wifey's bike)
'76 GL1000 Sulphur Yellow (Megasquirted efi build) http://www.ngwclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=59774