The dreaded white smoke

Discuss everything about Honda GoldWing. Feel free to ask any question related to GoldWing.

Moderators: CYBORG, Oldewing, robin1731, Forum Moderators

ericheath
Honored Life Member
Honored Life Member

Re: The dreaded white smoke

Post by ericheath »

Took no time to clean. Just checked the heads with a straight edge. They look good, but I may just go to a shop and have them check them for me. I was looking at my belts and never noticed the way they're joined. Is this normal?
image.jpg
image.jpg (68.48 KiB) Viewed 373 times
The above photo shows the metal weave in the valley, the below photo shows it on the rib.
image.jpg
image.jpg (29.64 KiB) Viewed 373 times
Whatever I suggest here should be given ample time for a moderator to delicately correct. I apologize in advance.
77 WING, 1200 engine with 77 heads, cams, gl1100 foot pegs, Magna V65 front end, 764A carbs, [-gone Suzuki M109 monoshock--, replaced with gl1100 shocks] gl 1200 swing arm, gl1500 final drive, wheel and rear brakes Valkyrie seat, Meanstreak tank, Sportster pipes, Power Arc ignition off crank.
77 Wing. black
83 Wing, in pieces
"Continuing education is important even if the subject matter is fairly useless (as in this case)."---Greg Foresi
ericheath
Honored Life Member
Honored Life Member

Post by ericheath »

Finally got the old girl fired up and took a half hour ride. I have been down in Florida with my Dad for a week. He's recovering nicely. While I was there I looked high and low for the signs Roncar claims to be there but didn't see any. I was in St. Pete, and was astounded at how few bikes I saw.

Before my ride, figuring Murphy's Law, I decided to check my voltage while it was idling. 16.6 volts at idle!! So I checked connections a bit and figured I'd be looking for a new rec/reg. I came back out and checked it three or four times. How does that go bad just sitting there? I decided maybe my multimeter was bad, so I put on the pickup battery, and blam....15.4 volts just sitting there, not running.

I'll re-torque the heads in the morning and ride that puppy over to a parts store for a new multimeter.
Whatever I suggest here should be given ample time for a moderator to delicately correct. I apologize in advance.
77 WING, 1200 engine with 77 heads, cams, gl1100 foot pegs, Magna V65 front end, 764A carbs, [-gone Suzuki M109 monoshock--, replaced with gl1100 shocks] gl 1200 swing arm, gl1500 final drive, wheel and rear brakes Valkyrie seat, Meanstreak tank, Sportster pipes, Power Arc ignition off crank.
77 Wing. black
83 Wing, in pieces
"Continuing education is important even if the subject matter is fairly useless (as in this case)."---Greg Foresi
joedrum
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by joedrum »

glad it up and going eric
1979 1000
roncar
Vice President
Vice President
My Album: http://www.ngwclub.com/gallery3/index.p ... s/roncarGL

Post by roncar »

ericheath wrote:While I was there I looked high and low for the signs Roncar claims to be there but didn't see any.
I think that by the time they hit the news, the people responsible for correcting it have done so. ;)

You could always go to the Lake Wales PD and visit with Crystal. :IDTS: lolol
"I periodically misspell words just to annoy the word police."