Windshield

Discuss everything about Honda GoldWing. Feel free to ask any question related to GoldWing.

Moderators: CYBORG, Oldewing, robin1731, Forum Moderators

ericheath
Honored Life Member
Honored Life Member

Re: Windshield

Post by ericheath »

Recycled Roadkill wrote:
netttech wrote:Snip: However, at 65mph, the pounding on my chest is what I want to eliminate.
At 65mph I thought it was my Tshirt that was slapping my neck. I managed to discover that it's actually my neck that's slapping my neck. Damn!
Ha!! Made my morning, Bob.
Whatever I suggest here should be given ample time for a moderator to delicately correct. I apologize in advance.
77 WING, 1200 engine with 77 heads, cams, gl1100 foot pegs, Magna V65 front end, 764A carbs, [-gone Suzuki M109 monoshock--, replaced with gl1100 shocks] gl 1200 swing arm, gl1500 final drive, wheel and rear brakes Valkyrie seat, Meanstreak tank, Sportster pipes, Power Arc ignition off crank.
77 Wing. black
83 Wing, in pieces
"Continuing education is important even if the subject matter is fairly useless (as in this case)."---Greg Foresi
Brant
Board of Directors
Board of Directors
My Album: http://www.ngwclub.com/gallery/v/wingmans/brant/

Post by Brant »

netttech wrote:Brandt, I contacted Memphis Shades & the reply was, No... DO you do what brackets you used? I have the quick release brackets on the VTX.
Memphis Shades part #MEM9908. This is the quick-change mounting kit for a Honda VF750C Magna.
http://www.ngwclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3737
83 GL 1100 bagger Ugly Betty
ALL WE WANT TO DO IS DRINK OUR ESPRESSO, RIDE OUR MACHINES, AND NOT BE HASSLED BY THE MAN
Owning a motorcycle is not a matter of life or death. It's much more important than that.
"Don't sweat the little things, guys, take care and appreciate all that you have around you!" - Fewman
NGWclub on Facebook
netttech
Zinc Member
Zinc Member

Post by netttech »

Thanks I will look into it. The sport shield just isn't working well enough.

Jeff
Central IL
1980 GL1100
biggyfries
Chrome Member
Chrome Member

Post by biggyfries »

I bought my '79 GW and it already had a one-piece plexi-fairing on it with apparently homemade bracketry that didn't look so great. So I stripped everything off it and its driving real nice but after going 70mph for awhile you begin to realize how much wind you're pushing with the stock '79 handlebars--its a sit-up-and-beg position.
So I re-assessed the plexi-fairing and made some more acceptable bracketry and went for another ride. As posted before, with a full face helmet and earplugs and I can do that all day. My bracketry (and W/S) can be removed in only a minute or two for shows or other displays, and then re-installed for the ride home.
So I must accept a windshield for hiway trips but can make it "naked" in a couple of minutes. Its a compromise but it works for me.
'79 GL1000
'16 KLR650 Blackie
'02 KLR650 Eyesore
netttech
Zinc Member
Zinc Member

Post by netttech »

Riding on normal days, 2-lane highway speeds, naked doesn't bother me. At Interstate (which I avoid AMAP) speeds (65) with any kind of headwind & it's punishing. I don't like how I have to physically death-grip-hold-on to keep from being pushed off the bike.

If I can have a quick-release shield that would be the ultimate setup for me.

Jeff
Central IL
1980 GL1100