Further thoughts on Hydro Clutch conversion

Discuss everything about Honda GoldWing. Feel free to ask any question related to GoldWing.

Moderators: CYBORG, Oldewing, robin1731, Forum Moderators

Lads
Chrome Member
Chrome Member

Re: Further thoughts on Hydro Clutch conversion

Post by Lads »

OF, got the motor back in the bike, have a lot of updates for my build thread. I was interested in the routing you used for the hydraulic clutch line. Did you follow the original cable path?

I am running new brake and throttle lines due to a new handlebar setup and I am realizing the importance of routing, especially if you don't have all the electrical hardware on the bike yet.
Old Fogey
Honored Life Member
Honored Life Member

Re: Further thoughts on Hydro Clutch conversion

Post by Old Fogey »

The clutch piping is one of those things that was going to get tidied up, but which I never got around too.
You can see here how it hangs down from the M/C, goes round under the headstock, follows the inside of the right hand top frame and then runs down the right side and across to the slave cylinder. I just used the whole of the 1200 hydro set-up, but one day I might get the custom piping that it deserves. The problem with that is I'm here and the bike is over there, so when I do see it, it's riding time not fixing time!
(except this year I have to pull the engine and replace the spring on the output shaft, before heading up to the Paris shindig :roll: )
http://s298.photobucket.com/user/Scabby ... rt=6&o=124
"Impossible Is Just a Level of Difficulty!..."
If I'd wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better! (Johann Cruyff)
I’d give my right arm to be ambidextrous! :-D