Never Ever B4 seen photos of a Goldwing

A forum for stories, pics and updates of your resto's. Be it a barn find, Grampas hand me down or a bike being brought back to it's former glory.If you are restoring it, show us your stuff!

Moderators: Brant, Sagebrush, Forum Moderators

Goboy
Billet Alum. Member
Billet Alum. Member
My Album: https://www.ngwclub.com/forum/viewtopic ... 30&t=60678

Re: Never Ever B4 seen photos of a Goldwing

Post by Goboy »

Wow that sucks, don't get any cross contamination in your beer.
You're too small to ride a hog Billy!

Mike
1978 GL1000
Previous bikes: 05 Yamaha FJR 1300, 79 Suzuki GS 1000, 75 Yamaha XS 650, 73 Kawasaki S2 350
wheeliedog
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by wheeliedog »

Your home looks like something from an episode of 'Dexter'

Good luck with all the chaos Patriccio :shock:

I have heard talk of a pizzeria in your neck of the woods. Apparently the pizzas are good and the beer is cold. You might consider dragging in a mattress and camping out between the oven and the fridge....
naked 1980 GL1100 under construction.
Patriccio
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Patriccio »

Dear Diary,
"This is Major Tom to ground control,
I'm stepping through the door..."
The Puppy now has some company on the Procrastinator's Patio Shoppe for Beginners . . .
P9140172.JPG
P9140172.JPG (118.59 KiB) Viewed 251 times
If there is one thing I have learned throughout this process it is this: Check your respirator for spiders before you put it on.
Patriccio
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Patriccio »

For today's Honda Goldwing Centric I have nothing to report. Destruction phase of the destruction has passed, & we are now entering the Rebuild Everything in Sight Phase.
Somewhere in this photo is a tube of caulking, a tube of caulking w/ a clever disguise & camouflage because I couldn't find it for twenty minutes.
P9140173.JPG
P9140173.JPG (98.67 KiB) Viewed 251 times
But that's OK because I had my highly sophisticated ear buds in because the music system in the LR is out, dismantled, out of commission. Unfortunately, I couldn't find MY iPod 30GB unit, so I had to borrow my son's unit. Now, I'm all flugled out because there was Tech N9ne, Pink Floyd, Shakira, 50 Cent, & Nirvana all mixed up. I guess I have to pat myself on the back because he now has eclectic music tastes. Still, I'm totally flugled.
I had a pro come in & transfer the water heater to exterior. Pin hole leak, interior wall. It turns out that the neighbor's water heater gave up just as a pin hole leak developed. After the flood, my old water heater started leaking then stopped working. Cold showers for a week, one beer, one ride on Puppy.
Today was all demolition. Once I get ahead, I'll--- be ahead.
P9140171.JPG
P9140171.JPG (132.2 KiB) Viewed 251 times
Due to all the movement & transfer of product, I did come across a bottle of peanut butter w/ a profound statement:
Best by November 2011. I wonder if it has fermented enough for me to run the oil through my truck tranny?
Last edited by Patriccio on Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:07 pm, edited 6 times in total.
If there is one thing I have learned throughout this process it is this: Check your respirator for spiders before you put it on.
Patriccio
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Patriccio »

All storage areas have been compromised by the flood.
P9040169.JPG
P9040169.JPG (112.47 KiB) Viewed 250 times
I could change the bike's name from Puppy to Noah. I'm currently looking for a tool that helps me convert metric to Standard to cubits. I'm going to be ready for the next flood, I tell ya.
Patriccio
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Patriccio »

Legendary Spiritual Birthplace of an Ancient Esoteric Martial Art: Nay Ked Kit Chen
P9280189.JPG
P9280189.JPG (64.01 KiB) Viewed 218 times
Sugs
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Sugs »

You must be a black belt in the style "Um Wa Do Way Et To Da" by now.

'79 Honda GL1000 Goldwing
5speed
Honored Life Member
Honored Life Member

Post by 5speed »

every patio needs a random car hood.
1982 1100 standard. (sold)
1986 Yamaha FJ1200
2000 Yamaha Roadstar
1976 GoldWing. running but not on the road
1978 Goldwing. future cafe project.
2019 Can-Am ryker (boss's new ride)

2002 Shadow American Classic(sold)
1983 Shadow 500. (sold)
Patriccio
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Patriccio »

Slowly climbing out of the muck. Kitchen cabinets arrived damaged, so three have to be rebuilt. I finally have a laundry room but no time to work on the bike.
B4 ish . . .
P9140170.JPG
P9140170.JPG (81.32 KiB) Viewed 175 times
After ness . . .
PA050193.JPG
PA050193.JPG (55.51 KiB) Viewed 175 times
Here I am wedging a rectangular sink into an obtuse inside corner.
PA050194.JPG
PA050194.JPG (69.36 KiB) Viewed 175 times
Patriccio
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Patriccio »

No machinery today because Big Brother would come down hard on this plebeian, this Minion of Mayhem residing in this Unlawful Landfill. Worse, Big Brother could send the Kevlar Flak Jacketed Thugs w/ Truncheons over to convince me that I should take a day off & just be quiet. Funny how truncheons can subdue a person toward introspection.
It wasn't even eleven o'clock before the disgust set in this morning. I suspected the worst when I prepped the door frame of the BR/laundry. My suspicion was soon validated by the facts. Some bonehead of the distant past had painted the door frame--it used acrylic over oil base paint. It stuck for years until I disturbed the peace w/ a 4 X 4" piece of sandpaper. I stripped the paint & started a fresh.
This morning I attempted to prep one of the cheapest doors in the Western world--a hollow core bathroom door. The paint peeled easily in some places, sheets came off, & in other places it was stubborn, like someone used sandpaper or solvent in that one 3 inch by 3 inch area. It's nothing like ancient Japanese craft. You know the kind. The grandfather plants the seeds for the growing of the trees, so his grandson can build a bridge across a small stream & leading to a meadow. His son tends the grove, & his son tends the grove. Finally, when the third generation has acquired the proper carpentry skills, the trees are felled, the joinery commences & the bridge is built to last into the next century or longer.
With this cheap hollow core door, I would rather take the Mighty Patience & smash it all to oblivion & back. But the Ancient Karpenter Kings would interrogate me in the next dimension after my demise. Two female & two male Karpenter Kings in full regalia (plumb bobs, tri squares, slide rulers in sheaths), would snarl their questions about my abilities. I'm sure the first questions would pertain to my trimming out the kitchen door & window. And there lies the problem of the Nouveau American Kraft--and the absence of any craft. Regarding the door & window: nothing was square; nothing was plumb; nothing was level; nothing existed on similar planes. And yet I had to cover this travesty of low-grade carpentry w/ straight pieces of wood. And then I had to fill in the blanks, the swoops, the bends, craigs & crevices w/ caulking, epoxy, spackle, & white paint. And there is where the Karpentry Kings would grab me by the throat. "You covered it all in monochrome paint. A violation!" I would squeak out, "It wasn't a stain-grade job, yer honor."
If I was lucky, the Kings would just stampede over me & my memories & subject me to whittling toothpicks from giant redwoods, a fitting purgatory for someone who covered mistakes w/ monochrome.
PA150203.JPG
PA150203.JPG (99.75 KiB) Viewed 149 times
Very late today, probably near dusk, I'll detach the trickle charger from the Puppy & circulate about the neighborhood w/ just a speck of enjoyment. Adieu.
Goboy
Billet Alum. Member
Billet Alum. Member
My Album: https://www.ngwclub.com/forum/viewtopic ... 30&t=60678

Post by Goboy »

I have a tendency to smash such rubbish into oblivion too, which would make the Karpentry Kings happy and me happy also.... momentaily, as soon the anguish of reconstruction will take affect. Time for a cold beverage.
You're too small to ride a hog Billy!

Mike
1978 GL1000
Previous bikes: 05 Yamaha FJR 1300, 79 Suzuki GS 1000, 75 Yamaha XS 650, 73 Kawasaki S2 350
Patriccio
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Patriccio »

"Every patio needs a random car hood." My new motto.
Drywall sanding dust has driven me to bathe the Puppy Parts in the shower stall.
PA230206.JPG
PA230206.JPG (62.44 KiB) Viewed 108 times
Patriccio
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Patriccio »

Outside the bathroom the condo looks & feels like a Dexter set. I had to look that one up because I don't watch much TV. Thanks, Wheeliedog. Some day the house will look more like an infomercial for high speed blenders & top-shelf tequila cabbage margaritas.
First, use every single available clamp & shim on the cabinets.
Patriccio
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Patriccio »

Again, first, use every single available clamp & shim on the cabinets.
PA290207.JPG
PA290207.JPG (84.04 KiB) Viewed 107 times
Last edited by Patriccio on Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Patriccio
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Patriccio »

Upper cabinets are nearly done. The cabinets were built in Florida then shipped to California. Where is NAFTA when you need it? Of course, three cabinets arrived broken, so they had to be reordered, & that delayed the project. Then there was that air disturbance in Central Florida, the hurricane, so that delayed the cabinets, which delayed the project, which irritated the Puppy's builder, which brings me back to "Every patio needs a random car hood."
PA290208.JPG
PA290208.JPG (78.59 KiB) Viewed 107 times