Taken my time restoring an LTD

A forum for stories, pics and updates of your resto's. Be it a barn find, Grampas hand me down or a bike being brought back to it's former glory.If you are restoring it, show us your stuff!

Moderators: Brant, Sagebrush, Forum Moderators

rcmatt007
Treasurer
Treasurer
My Album: http://www.ngwclub.com/gallery/v/wingmans/rcmatt007/

Re: Taken my time restoring an LTD

Post by rcmatt007 »

so decided to go with some shorter rear shock/springs (tired of the tiptoe thing) This should gain me an inch

opps... there is a left over space on the mounting bolt

three 5/8 washers (powder coated black to be not noticable) does the trick

as long as I was there a quick bracket to make the sissy bar work made out of 1 inch stock and also powder coated black
-Rodger-
all it takes for evil to prosper is the want of a few good men to do nothing-Edmund Burke
The question is not how much time do you have, it is what you do with the time that you have Gandalf
"One of the greatest dignities of humankind is that each successive generation is invested in the welfare of each new generation." Fred Rodgers
"it takes 10,000 hours to become an expert" ancient saying
78 constantly modified/customized since 1978, BOTM June 2015 de-evolving this very moment viewtopic.php?f=30&t=65511
76 Ltd "cookies bike" ALMOST DONE
79 project, finished, FOR SALE
'86 1200 (Beth's)(FOR SALE) with motorvation sidecar (sidecar sold) , July 2017 BOTM
'17 HD Road king and 08 HD Heritage softail (Beth's) (FOR SALE). I guess you can say we have MBS
Fred Camper
Vice President
Vice President
My Album: http://www.ngwclub.com/gallery/v/wingmans/Jeff+Bozeman/

Post by Fred Camper »

Let us know how those progressive rear shocks do, as the aged shocks most of us run are not idea and create evil handling on occasion.
Proud member of the NGW Cartel (Rochester MI)
1977 GL1000 BADDOG (April 2012 BOTM)
1976 LTD - '993 LTD...and so it begins'

You should remember that it's peace of mind you're after and not just fixing the machine. R.Pirsig
rcmatt007
Treasurer
Treasurer

Post by rcmatt007 »

took it for a spin today and they aren't as stiff as the ones I took off, so that is a good thing. Also, could touch the ground much easier. turned out my idea for the sissy bar meant I could not get the seat on. the problems was the hole that would tie in with the mounting bolts in the back left the front too far forward. so I ended up lining up the front, and I will have to figure something for the back
-Rodger-
all it takes for evil to prosper is the want of a few good men to do nothing-Edmund Burke
The question is not how much time do you have, it is what you do with the time that you have Gandalf
"One of the greatest dignities of humankind is that each successive generation is invested in the welfare of each new generation." Fred Rodgers
78 constantly modified/customized since 1978, BOTM June 2015 de-evolving this very moment viewtopic.php?f=30&t=65511
'86 1200 (Beth's)(FOR SALE) with motorvation sidecar (sidecar sold) , July 2017 BOTM
'17 HD Road king and 08 HD Heritage softail (Beth's) (FOR SALE). I guess you can say we have MBS
rcmatt007
Treasurer
Treasurer

Post by rcmatt007 »

Just thought I would add a picture of an addition I made a couple of weeks ago
-Rodger-
Fred Camper
Vice President
Vice President
My Album: http://www.ngwclub.com/gallery/v/wingmans/Jeff+Bozeman/

Post by Fred Camper »

Like it.
Proud member of the NGW Cartel (Rochester MI)
1977 GL1000 BADDOG (April 2012 BOTM)
1976 LTD - '993 LTD...and so it begins'

You should remember that it's peace of mind you're after and not just fixing the machine. R.Pirsig
mandu57
Zinc Member
Zinc Member

Post by mandu57 »

switch it over to the conversion ,screw on filter
Brian Mcknight 1979 GL1000,1995 Electraglide
rcmatt007
Treasurer
Treasurer

Post by rcmatt007 »

mandu57 wrote:switch it over to the conversion ,screw on filter
:?:
-Rodger-