Sorry for the delay on the buld updates and the photo uploads.
I purchased this bike about a month ago from a guy that purchased it from an estate auction a few months before. It has 1k original miles and purchased from an estate auction with a sidecar which had been sold before I purchased the bike.
The bike overall is in very good condition...was VERY filthy when I purchased it....but VERY good bones I'm going to call it the CBGL project because the build will be a CB themed cafe racer. I did a quick degrease and clean to take a closer look at the condition of the parts....all good
. The exhaust has some surface rust but in very good condition. I have a chrome set of sportster exhaust I'll put on it..probably sell the original exhaust after I powder coat the black. It was missing a sidecover because of the sidecar. I have a CB750 fender I think I'll try to install because it is so much shorter and looks sporty...will have to think about the tail light work around.
Current status..a majority of the chrome pieces I removed and restored. Headers and header chrome removed and restored. The gauges have been restored...waiting for a new speedo bucket because the original was slightly bent and I wasn't happy with how the cushions revealed the warp. Most of the chrome now looks as good as NOS...very excited about that. I found some wide clubmans that fit the bike pretty well..will have to adjust the lock stops a little..but I don't think it will be a big deal (more concerned about wiring it). I have the engine ready to pull...will do that in the next day or 2 and start replacing gaskets and polishing the aluminum. The tank is in good shape..the interior has a little rust..but not much..the exterior has some scratches so will need some paint. The frame is in great condition...some minor surface rust but the integrity is very good...unfortunately it has some deep scratches from the sidecar installation or removal so will be powdercoating it <sigh>. Radiator,fan, shroud, hoses and clamps removed and restored. Will be working on the front brakes today to prepare for powdercoating. One of the pistons in the brakes was seized but now free...will be looking at the guts today..hopefully everything is usable. I have alot of pictures for my records..but here are a few..I'll try to update the thread every few days.